Thursday, May 30, 2019

The Fallen: Genesis {Book Review}


Title: The Fallen: Genesis
Series: A Deadly Virtues Prequel
Author: Tillie Cole 
Genre: Dark Romance

Book Description

The Fallen: Genesis is a prequel novella in The Deadly Virtues Series and MUST be read before RAPHAEL (DV: book one).


*****


THE FALLEN: GENESIS

(A Deadly Virtues Prequel)


IN THE BEGINNING...


They told them they were evil.

They told them they were possessed by demons.

They told them that darkness ran in their veins.


Holy Innocents Home for Children is a haven for orphaned boys who have nothing and no one. The priests watch over them, educate them, raise them in the family of the church.


Except for some.


Seven of the orphans are no ordinary boys. They attract the attention of the priests for their acts of violence, of bloodlust. The priests realize these boys are drawn to the darkness.


And the priests are no ordinary priests. They are the Brethren, a secret sect who believe themselves on a divine mission to seek out evil in the boys in their care. Seek it out, and then drive it out.


The seven have fallen from God’s grace. And the Brethren will cleanse their blackened souls…


Dark Contemporary Romance novella. Contains sexual situations, violence, sensitive and taboo subjects, offensive language and topics some may find triggering. Recommended for age 18 years and up.

My Review:

So this is the first book in a brand new series from author Tillie Cole. I have to say that I have been in a book slump lately. Like seriously everything I've tried to read lately is kind of dull and boring and boarding on the same thing. I haven't really wanted to finish anything that I've read lately. But I knew if anything reading something from Tillie Cole was going to get me back in the mood to read and Mrs. Cole didn't disappoint. 

I will say this, this book doesn't have any romance in it at all. This book is really just to give you an idea on how this series came to start. To give you an idea on how these characters came to be and on where they came from. This book is really to entice you into this series. 

Joseph, aka Gabriel, is a young man, a teen really who has been living the life in a home for orphans with his brother, who is a bit darker than Joseph. This home is meant to turn these young men into priests when they get older. But Joseph learns that everything he thought he knew isn't quite as it seems. My goodness, how my heart broke for Joseph and all the feelings I felt for everything he and these boys went through. 

I want to say this, this book is NOT for everyone. This book is Dark, there are touchy subject matters that I can see a lot of people having issues with. As I mentioned above this book has no romance in it, but really is just to give you an idea where these characters came from. Mrs. Cole pulls you into this book from the starts and captures your attention throughout in her dark depraved ways. You know you probably shouldn't enjoy it, should probably turn away and stop reading. But as always with Mrs. Cole's book I just couldn't find myself putting it down. 

I'm giving this book 4 Stars out of 5 and can't wait for the next one!!!



Disclaimer: I received an ARC of this book from Ardent Prose PR for my honest review. The opinions in this post are 100% Busy Bumble Bee Book Reviews and may differ from others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment