Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Long Road Home {Book Review}


Title: Long Road Home
Author: Stacey Lynn
Genre: Contemporary Romance 

Book Description


I left home ten years ago, promising myself I’d never return to the place where I had never been accepted. I was despised and ridiculed for circumstances completely beyond my control.

But when my grandmother passes away, I’m forced to return to Kansas. I will have to face everyone who hated me. But they’re not who I’m most afraid of.

My biggest fear? Facing him.
Jordan Marx.
The boy I once loved more than life itself. The boy who defended me from them. The boy I’d disappeared on, leaving him nothing more than a horrible nasty lie and hastily scribbled note.

When Jordan finds out the secret I have carried for so long, I’m in for the battle of my life.
Or so I thought.

I might have wandered for years on a path riddled with thorns but with Jordan by my side, taking the long road home means more than reuniting with the only man I’ve ever loved. It might just mean finding myself, and the family I never thought I could ever have along the way.

My Review:

It's been awhile since I have read anything from Mrs. Lynn. Honestly I think the last book of her's I read was Point of Surrender. Which was a good two years ago, so yeah its been awhile since I've read a book of hers. I thought this one sounded interesting enough and thought I'd give it a shot.

Destiny was a young woman when she felt she had no choice but to leave her hometown after finding herself pregnant. And years of being put down and harrassed by girls. She finds herself going back for the funeral of her grandmother and not expecting to run into the love of her life and the father of her child.

I really liked Jordan. Though at times his anger was a bit questionable, I got it I really did. He had every right to be angry that Destiny had run and kept his child from him.

I really enjoyed this book. I thought it was a sweet and lighthearted second chance romance book. I really thought you could feel the chemistry between Destiny and Jordan's characters. And although at times as just mentioned above, Jordan's anger seemed to get the best of him, it was understandable and relateable.

I'm giving this book 4 Stars out of 5!!!




Disclaimer: I received an ARC of this book from Social Butterfly PR for my honest review. The opinions in this post are 100% of Busy Bumble Bee Book Reviews and may differ from others.

No comments:

Post a Comment