Tuesday, April 10, 2018

From Best Friend to Daddy {Book Review}


Title: From Best Friend to Daddy 
Author: Jules Bennett
Genre: Contemporary Romance

Book Descripton:

From “just one night”

...to bonded for life

Kate McCoy calculates everything. She has every detail in her life organized to perfection—until the fateful night she steps into Gray Gallagher’s arms. “One time only,” she vows about getting romantic with Gray, her longtime protector and her closest friend. But this time, perfect Kate has miscalculated: the woman who plans everything is unexpectedly expecting. And the heart she has so carefully sheltered starts seeing her cherished friend in a very different light…

My Review:

I have to say that I always, always enjoy Mrs. Bennett’s books and I’m always looking forward to the next one. And after finishing the last one I was really looking forward to this one. But unfortunately that’s about where my excitement ends. 

Gray and Kate are no strangers to use or me. They have made appreances in the last book. If you don’t remember who they are like the title states their best friends to each other. They are also friends with Lucy, Tara, and Sam. 

I have to admit that Kate drove me absolutely crazy in this book. Her constant need to plan everything irritated me. And I just found myself rolling my eyes at her most of the time. 

I did really like Gray in this book. He was definitely sweet, kind and caring. I liked how he was definitely take charge and swoon worthy.

While I did like this book, as I mentioned above my excitement for this book kind of died very quickly. I’m not sure what it was, maybe the description through me off. I just kind of felt like the first half of the book was just stuff that was thrown in there to make up a story. Than I felt like the storyline didn’t really develop until the very end. I did of course enjoy seeing appearances from other characters. Also I found myself more excited for Tara and Sam’s turn next!!!

I’m giving this book 3 Stars out of 5!!!






Disclaimer: I received an ARC of this book from the author for my honest review. The opinions in this post are 100% of Busy Bumble Bee Book Reviews and may differ from others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment