Monday, February 27, 2017

Mayhem {Book Review}



Title: Mayhem
Series: Deathstalkers MC #5
Author: Alexis Noelle
Genre: MC Romance

Book Description:

I had to step up, take over,

Save her from herself,
From him.
He doesn't deserve her.
But I sure as Hell don't either
She's too sweet, too soft, too kind.
A broken shell of the woman she once was.
But now, there's more on the line,
She's in too deep.
And I'll be damned if I ever give up
On putting her back together,
Piece-by-piece,
Owning every ounce of the woman,
Who stole my heart.

My Review:

Oh my gosh, this was such a hard read for me and I mean that in the best possible way. I want to say that the Deathstalkers are one of my favorite go-to series. But as I just mentioned this was a really really rough read for me. I don't think I have EVER, ever read a broken leading female, as broken as the lead in this book.... Mrs. Noelle is going to push your limits in this book, she might even go a little over some people's limits. 

     I loved everything Cutter in this book. He was sweet, caring, and protective. But you could tell right away you wouldn't want to cross him in any way. 

    Alright let's get to Jasmine, or Jaz as she goes by. Let's be honest when you first meet her she's broken. She's spent years of being beat down and put down by her husband. But on the other hand she's strong and a survivor. My heart broke for Jaz and everything she had been through. I loved watching her find herself again. 

    Look I read tons and tons of books a year and if I'm honest, tons and tons of books a week. I read all sorts of books: happy, sad, sappy, dark. Sports themed, MC themed, just plain old contemporary. And usually a handful of those books deal with abuse in some way, shape, or form. But as I mentioned at the beginning of this review this review it was a rough book to read, and as I've mentioned several times I've never read a character as broken as Jaz. There were several moments when I just wanted to stop and give up. I will give anyone a WARNING though if you have easy triggers to certain subjects unfortunately you may want to skip this one. But I did really enjoy this book through everything that went on in this book.


     I'm giving this book 4.5 Stars out of 5 and can't wait for the next one!!!!




Disclaimer: I received an ARC of this book from Enticing Journey Book Promotions for my honest review. The opinions in this post are 100% of Busy Bumble Bee Book Reviews and may differ from others.

No comments:

Post a Comment