Thursday, February 23, 2017

Beard Mode {Book Review}


Title: Beard Mode
Series: The Dixie Wardens Rejects MC Series #1
Author: Lani Lynn Vale
Genre: MC Romance

Book Description:

Aaron don’t ever call me Fatbaby’ Sims is lucky to be alive. Or at least that is what everyone keeps telling him. He doesn’t feel lucky, though.
He’s scarred, has more than a little bit of a bad attitude, and there isn’t a single day that goes by that he doesn’t wish his wife would’ve just finished off the job.
After being denied his old position at the fire department, he leaves, and doesn’t look back. He heads straight to Alabama and into the semi-welcoming arms of The Dixie Wardens MC. There he becomes a part of a brotherhood that forces him to get back in the land of the living.
---
Imogen is a smart girl. A girl who doesn’t always make the best decisions.
Her heart is in the right place when she walks into that prison, but it doesn’t take long for her to realize that her heart shouldn’t have had any say so in the matter. Especially when one wrong move lands her in the arms of a scarred man that looks frightening enough to scare any sane woman away.
Immediately enthralled by the angry man, she tries to get closer to him. But the harder she tries to get to know him, the further he pushes her away.
---
The only thing Aaron wanted to do after his now ex-wife was sent to jail was escape. Escape the awful memories. The pity-filled eyes. The curious glances.
He does a damn fine job at ensuring he draws as little as attention as possible, but then that annoying woman with her startling blue eyes starts hammering away at his resolve. Makes him feel when he doesn’t want to feel.
Imogen comes into his life and carves out a place for herself, obliterating his defenses one heated kiss at a time.
It doesn’t take long, and he realizes he’s in deep. Too deep to ever want to come out.
Imogen will know what it’s like to be loved by a reject.

My Review:

     Gosh I  have been waiting for what feels like forever for this book. Really ever since we first meet Aaron and what happened to him with his crazy ex-wife way back when. I couldn't wait for this book!!!! I always feel like a crazy person waiting for the next Lani book to land on my kindle to review. 

     I loved Aaron.... I've loved him since we first meet him. Aaron is still reeling from what his crazy ex-wife did to him, while at the same time trying to move on. He feels like nobody will love him when the see the scars left on his body and has closed off his heart. But underneath all the hardness trys to pull off you can see a softer side that just wants to be accepted and loved.

    Oh Imogen, what can I say about her? She's a little bit crazy (and not in a bad way). I think all of Mrs. Vale's leading ladies all in their own way have their own kind of crazy. Though she is very well rounded, independent, takes care of her family and nephew while her sister is on leave. All around I thought she was lovable and the right match for Aaron.

     So I did love this book and really enjoy it. And I would love to give it 4.5-5 stars, but there's something holding me back. Though like I just said and enjoyed this book, I thought  this would be a much more emotional read. And although it was emotional in some ways, just not the way I thought. I don't want to give anything away. But the emotional part didn't really come from Aaron and what he had been through. It had come from something else. I also felt at parts I was reading two different stories with Aaron and Imogen. But all in all it didn't pull away from my enjoyment of this book.

    So I'm giving this book 4 Stars out of 5 and can't wait for more in this series!!!



Disclaimer: I received an ARC of this book from Enticing Journey Book Promotions for my honest review. The opinions in is post are 100% of Busy Bumble Bee Book Reviews and may differ from others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment