Friday, July 29, 2016

Obsession {Book Review}


Title: Obsession
Series: Seven Deadly Sins #2
Author: Shantel Tessier
Genre: Romantic Suspense Standalone

Book Description:

I have lost those who I have loved.
I have bled for those I hate.
I have lied to those who are honest.
What am I?

You're a sinner dressed in white.
You’re a ghost in the night.
You're the demons that I fight.
Who are you?

Both of us were sinners. She was hell-bent on revenge, and I was determined to let her have it. She was a beautiful sin that alone would be my damnation. And for her, I was willing to dig my own grave. She took what little pride I had left and made me look like a fool. I lusted for a taste of her darkness, for it was the same color as mine. I envied the way she was able to say no, as if she really meant it. I will endure the wrath of having her no matter the cost of my greed. But I have always been a glutton for punishment without any propensity of sloth. She became my obsession and like any other drug, she took all the pain away but brought me to a new level of low. Too bad falling in love with her brought on a different kind of hell that I wasn’t sure we would live through. We were both running from a past that was going to tear apart out future. What I thought was going to be a beautiful beginning turned out to be a torturous end. 

My Review:

    So I have been waiting forever to read this book. As soon as the first book finished I knew I had to have this book in my hands. So as soon as it popped up on to my kindle, I dove in. From start to finish, I couldn't put it down. 

     Gosh Brecken. I loved Brecken in the first book. And I loved him even more in this book. But man he was just angry. Angry at the world, angry at his best friend, still angry at losing the love of his life. 
But underneath all the anger you could see the softer more caring side.

   Gosh Skye. I actually had to go back and look at her name, because I couldn't remember it. Uh yeah, but anyways. Skye was I guess a likeable character. I honestly found her to be a bit iffy at times. I understand that at first she was worried about her best friend and wanted to find out what happened to her. Than she wanted to get revenge for her best friend. But her constant need to throw herself in dangers way got on my nerves.

    I thought that this was a really addictive read from start to finish. As I said at the start I couldn't put it down. There was plenty of angst, drama, suspense, and some hot scenes. There was also once again a twist that I didn't see. 

     I'm giving this book 4 out of 5 Star's!!!!! Can't wait for Jett's book!!!


Disclaimer: I received an arc of this book from enticing journey book promotions for my honest review. The opinions in this post are 100% of Busy Bumble Bee Book Reviews and may differ from others.

No comments:

Post a Comment