Wednesday, December 17, 2014

The Charlotte Chronicles (Jackson Boys Book 1) {Book Review}



Title: The Charlotte Chronicles (The Jackson Boys Book 1)

Author: Jen Frederick

Genre:

Book Description:

Charlotte and Nathan were supposed to be forever. They grew up together. Their families were intertwined. Charlotte was Nathan's first love. Nathan was Charlotte's first everything.

Until they weren't.

How do you hold on to the person you know in your heart you are supposed to be with when everything and everyone in the universe is telling you it's over?

How many times does a heart break?
When is enough…..enough?
How long is forever?

My Review:

     I always enjoy being able to read author Jen Fredericks books. Especially after the Kerr Chronicles. This is the fifth book that I have read by Mrs. Fredericks and I absolutely love her writing and has become a hit with me. Now I don't want to go on a total ramble so I will go on with my review of The Charlotte Chronicles.

This book is a stand alone, however, if you have read the Woodland series you will encounter the previous characters from the series. Nathan and Charlotte the main characters of The Charlotte Chronicles are the children of Noah and Grace and Beau and Anne Marie. I love it when an author goes and continues a series with the children of other books I love. Its nice to see some of those characters from the first books come back sometimes.  I first got a taste about them when I read the epilogue of the Woodland series. I could tell that their story was going to be about an alpha, jealous male so totally heels in love with his beautiful childhood friend.

 Nathan and Charlie are a love onto themselves. This book is divided into two parts, their teenage years and their lives as adults. During the first part of the book the book is sweet, romantic, heart-wrenching and filled with teenage angst. I loved the fact the characters were fleshed out and so likeable.

The second part of the Chronicles is almost like a second chance love story. The characters are now in their 20's and they reunite after being apart for some time. Of course this wouldn't be a great Jen Frederick without the hot and steamy parts of the the book. Wait no it would still be an awesome book with out all that.

I give this book 4.5 Stars Out of 5 and would recommend it. I can't wait for what comes next!!!!



                     You can now purchase The Charlotte Chronicles on Amazon , Kobo, Google Play, B & N, and also on iBooks .

      You can find out more about author Jen Frederick and her books on her Website. You can also follow her on Facebook, Twitter and also on Goodreads.



Disclaimer: I received an ARC of this book from TRSO promotions for my honest review. The opinions in this post are 100% of my own and may differ from others.

No comments:

Post a Comment