Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Sublime Wreckage {Book Review}



Title: Sublime Wreckage



Author: Charlene Zapata



Genre: New Adult



Book Description:



After suffering a tragic accident as a child, Maggie Wilson has tried her whole life to regain the happiness she lost. She has been in survival mode ever since, dealing with a mentally unstable parent, having no one to turn to for help. Her desire to escape to a better future fuels her motivation and keeps her focused on what really matters, breaking free of the hell she lives in.



Things at home are complicated and it’s easier to push people away than allow them to get too close. She doesn’t let anyone into her life except her best friend Amanda. Maggie has perfected keeping secrets, maintaining her GPA and staying out of relationships. All her energy is put into her school work so that when she graduates she can leave for college and forget her past.



All of that changes when she meets Vincent Moreno. His reputation precedes him but she quickly discovers there is so much more to him than what you see on the surface. He manages to wiggle his way into her life despite her efforts to keep him at a distance. As Maggie starts to open up she realizes how much she needs someone like Vince in her life. They form a connection like no other and it has her reconsidering everything.



My Review:



I thought that this book Sublime Wreckage was a beautiful and heartbreaking read. The author Charlene Zapata pulled many different  feelings in this book.  It made me laugh, cry, and smile.

Maggie Wilson is not your typical teenager, she has been though and seen way to much at such a young age, yet her passion for life is still so strong. I thought that  Charlene Zapata did a wonderful  job writing this Maggie's character. Though there were times that I definitely wanted to shake her.

Vincent Moreno is the perfect guy, well at least to me he was.  I really enjoyed the relationship between Maggie and Vince in this book. I love that they were friends first and that they really worked on their friendship instead of just going into a  relationship with each other. I thought it  made the story that much more beautiful and  more believable.

I really enjoyed this book and can't wait to see where these characters go and how they mature. I can't wait to read the next one. Though for me it will have to wait until the beginning of the next year to read the next book. I give this book 4 Out of 5 Stars and would definitely recommend it!!!







                                           You can purchase Sublime Wreckage on Amazon
                                    
                               You can also connect with author Charlene Zapata on Facebook





Disclaimer: I received a copy of this book from the author Charlene Zapata for my honest review. The opinions in this post are 100% of my own and may differ from others.


No comments:

Post a Comment