Thursday, July 11, 2019

Sunny Springs Secrets {Book Review}


Title: Sunny Springs Secrets
Series: Sunny Springs High Book 1
Authors: Arlo Arrow & Elizabeth A. Lance
Genre: Young Adult, New Adult Romance

Book Description:

Become editor and lead reporter for the school newspaper. 

Nail a coveted interview with football stud and mega crush Jay. 

Start dating said crush.


Senior year at Sunny Springs High is shaping up pretty freakin’ amazing.

The only hitch in my perfect world is Daniel Bellemy, the bully who made my life a living hell growing up.

He invades the paper and grates on my last nerve.

Why can’t he just let me be happy and live my life?

But everything I thought I knew about Sunny Springs High is a lie.

And when I’m the one centerstage of the newest huge scandal, it’s Daniel coming to my rescue. 

Can we salvage my reputation, or will the dark underbelly of the school rise to the surface and win? 


WARNING: Sunny Springs High is a Young Adult / New Adult series filled with everything you could want with laughs, tears, and angst. This series is recommended for mature readers because of cursing and 'certain scenes'.

If that bothers you, then stay far away. If not, start reading and enjoy!

My Review:

      So this is the first time I have read anything by Author's Arlo Arrow and Elizabeth A. Lance so I wasn't sure what to expect with this book. I will say that this book surprisingly came to me as a recommendation here on Amazon and a FB add for Bully romances since that's what I've been reading lately. First I want to say this is not a Bully book, this is an Upper Young Adult book. And that's probably why it was recommended to me as most bully books are young adult/upper ya. But again I want to point out that this is not a bully book. But anyways on with my review....

    Helena is a Senior and everything seems to be going her way. She's finally the editor of her school paper, she's determined to keep her GPA up so she can get into a good school for journalism. She has two really great friends from her childhood. And now the top jock of the school seems to be into her.... I have to say that I thought Helena was a likable character, she was sweet and kind. Though albeit at times a bit nieve and maybe a bit boring. 

     Awwww I just loved Daniel (and not just cause I have a son named Daniel, though that's a plus). Daniel's the boy who is obviously supposed to be the bad boy player. He's also so obviously the boy who is in love with Helena but doesn't know how to show it except to annoy her. 

     I have to say that this was a good start to the series and I thought it was an enjoyable book. Though there were a few times I thought it was dragged out a bit and I just wanted it to move along. Other than that I really did enjoy it and can't wait to see where these author's take this series. Also, I want to reiterate that although this book has Bully Romance in the title this really was nowhere near a bully romance, in fact, there was very little bullying in it. I really don't think you can count Daniel tugging on Helena's hair as bullying.

    I'm giving this book 4 Stars out of 5 and can't wait for the next book!!!!


Disclaimer: This book came to me as a recommendation on Amazon. The opinions in this post are 100% of Busy Bumble Bee Book Reviews and may differ from others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment