Saturday, July 6, 2019

Dirty Liars {Book Review}


Title: Dirty Liars
Series: Hawthorne Holy Trinity Book 1
Author: Eden Beck
Genre: Reverse Harem, Bully, Young Adult

Book Description:

I’m going to steal a dead girl’s life. 


After all…it isn’t like she needs it anymore. 

Hawthorne Academy is my ticket to a second chance, a new start, a clean slate. I’m used to starting over but the New York foster care system has nothing on this place. By the end of my first day at school, I’ve already made enemies with the last people I want pissed off, and they’re going to make sure I pay.

It’s a twisted game they play, but if I want this new life to work out… I won’t just lie down and take it.

Sadie White might be dead, but Teddy Price is very, very much alive. And for the first time in my life, I think I have something worth fighting for.

***

Something’s wrong with the new girl. She isn’t like us. She doesn’t fall into line. 

There’s a hierarchy that must be respected, and it’s our job to show her where she stands. Only one thing matters here at Hawthorne Academy, and it’s what we say goes.

We’re Hawthorne’s Holy Trinity: Astor, Blair, and Wills.

Maybe it’s sacrilegious.

Maybe we like it that way.

One thing’s for sure. Sadie White must be taught a hard lesson…but it doesn’t mean we’re not going to enjoy it in the process. 


Dirty Liars is a full-length contemporary reverse harem high school bully romance. It is the first book in the Hawthorne Holy Trinity series.

My Review:

So another debut book from a new author in the ever-growing Reverse Harem/Bully genre. And I don't mean that in a bad way, I love that there are more of these books coming out since these are the only books I've been hooked on lately. I have to admit with all the RH/Bully books coming out that this might be along the lines of the other ones that have come out. But alas this one throws a twist into the genre and makes it interesting and a bit different.

Theadora, aka Teddy, aka Sadie is a young girl who hasn't had the greatest upbringing. I take it that she has grown up in the system, though it's not stated if that's true or not, though that's where she's coming from now. Teddy/Sadie, has decided she wants to make a better life for herself and while at a funeral for a school mate she over-hears the girl's former friends talking about the academy the real Sadie was supposed to attend. And since Teddy eerily looks like the deceased girl she decides she's going to take a chance and become the dead girl. For the sake of this review, I'm just going to call her Teddy/Sadie, but I liked her character I thought that she made the best of what she had and definitely stood up for herself. 

Ahhhhh Astor, Blair, and Wills your typical A-hole top of the mill, we run this school playboys. Astor made the fact known from the beginning that he didn't like Teddy/Sadie and didn't want her there, just for the fact she stood up to him when he was picking on someone else. We have Wills, who I'm not quite sure about yet, he's the quiet one but definitely knows how to do some underhanded stuff. Than we have Blair, your typical playboy, who is probably the most likable out of the crew. 

I think the thing that bugged me the most, ok maybe bugged isn't the word I'm looking for. But as this series is supposed to be Reverse Harem, I'm hoping in this next book that we feel more connections between the boys and Teddy/Sadie. Because as of right now the only connection I'm feeling is Teddy & Blair. Because as of right now I'm not feeling anything with Astor or Wills, and although there were a couple of scenes where both of them kissed her and then we're just supposed to believe that's a connection. I'm just not feeling it yet, she's really not had any time with Astor or Wills. 

Other than that I thought this was a good start to the series with a twist. And can't wait to see what happens from here on out. 

I'm giving this book 4 Stars out of 5 and can't wait for the next book!!!!

Disclaimer: This book came to me as a recommendation through Amazon and Kindle Unlimited. The opinions in this post are 100% of Busy Bumble Bee Book Reviews and may differ from others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment