Saturday, July 6, 2019

Outcast {Book Review}


Title: Outcast 
Series: Kings of Mercia Academy, Book 1
Author: Sofia Daniel
Genre: Reverse Harem, Bully, Young Adult

Book Description:

British boarding schools aren't for the weak.
According to the Kings of Mercia Academy...they aren't for Americans, either.


Blake, Edward, and Henry rule my new school.
They're aristocratic. Old money. Brutal as hell
They'll do whatever it takes to break my spirit and make me leave.

If I survive Mercia, I'll get a free ride to college. 
My future will be set.
My past will be forgotten.

All I have to do is survive their dirty tricks.
Their dangerous games.
Their seductive kisses.

They’ve opened hunting season and put a target on my back.
What they don’t know is that one day, the prey will become the hunter.

Mercia Academy – it ain't no cup of tea.

Outcast is book one of a reverse harem, high school bully romance that contains cursing, dark themes, and sexual situations.


My Review:

     So this book seems to be a debut from Author Sofia Daniel. This book came to me as a recommendation here on Amazon a few weeks ago as I was looking for more books in the Reverse Harem/Bully genre to read.  And as it hadn't come out yet I had added it to my TBR pile so I could remember to grab it when it came out.  I have to say I grabbed it up the day it came out and devoured it within a couple of hours. 

     Emilia is a young American girl who is being shipped off to a British boarding school by her mother's new husband, so she can evidently stand a "Trial by Fire" so when she gets older she can join the world of journalism and can make it in the journalism world. I liked Emilia, I thought that her character definitely had a strong backbone especially with everything that happens to her and she's definitely not afraid to stand up to the guys. 

    Oh, Blake, Edward, and Henry.... They're your typical type high school bullies except for the fact that their rich and come from aristocratic families. Oh and evidently they all, the whole school really, has something against Yanks. I want to say that Edward is the cruelest of the three, I mean he makes it obvious from the beginning that he doesn't like Yanks and doesn't want Emilia there. Also, he feels like since his family founded the school that he has some say on what goes on there. Then there's Blake, the outwardly flirtatious man who*e, who puts on the act of being nice but all the while being cruel. And at first, Blake's not obvious about his cruelness until later, which made my heart break because I kind of liked him at the beginning.  And lastly, we have Henry, the quieter one of the trio and probably the most likable out of the three.

     So I have to say that this was a good start for a debut for Author Sofia Daniel's. I will say that at the beginning I had lots of questions running around in my head and was a bit confused at the beginning. I've been reading a ton of Reverse Harem/Bully books lately and I have to say that these kids at this Academy were unusually cruel. Also, I have to say that I thought the book took a weird turn in the middle, but I understood it by the end of the book and why it happened. But I did find that I did really enjoy the book and that ending, whoooweeee....

      I'm giving this book 4 Stars out of 5 and I need the 2nd Book like right now!!!!

Disclaimer: I received a copy of this book through a recommendation on Amazon and through Kindle Unlimited. The opinions in this post are 100% of Busy Bumble Bee Book Reviews and may differ from others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment