Monday, July 8, 2019

Dirty Fraud {Book Review}


Tile: Dirty Fraud
Series: Hawthorne Holy Trinity, Book 2
Author: Eden Beck 
Genre: Reverse Harem, Bully, Young Adult

Book Description:

I stole a life. In return, I lost everything. 



After a semester lying and cheating my way through Hawthorne Academy, I can’t say I didn’t get what I deserved. That doesn’t make it hurt any less.

I came to Hawthorne for a new life, but that new life keeps turning out a whole lot like my old one. I’m barely scraping by in class, hated by everyone, and ignored by the people I care about the most. 

Try as I might to keep my head down and move on, I can’t. I can’t stay silent. I can’t be ignored. Astor, Wills, and Blair are going to hear what I have to say—if it’s the last thing I do. 

***

We should have known better than trusting the new girl. This time, we won’t make the same mistake. 

She used us. She lied to us. She’s a fraud.

We knew she was trouble, but still we let her in.

It won’t happen again, and nothing she can say to us is going to change our minds. 



Dirty Fraud is a full-length contemporary reverse harem high school bully romance. It is the second book in the Hawthorne Holy Trinity series. 

My Review:

So I must of had my dates confused or I'm not sure what. When I was writing my review for the first book two day's ago I didn't think this second book came out till the eighth or the tenth of this month. So when I was writing my review for the first book I hadn't realized this book was already out. So imagine my surprise when yesterday I was searching through Amazon looking for something to read when this second book popped up and I realized it was already out.

Anyways that's not the point.... The point is as soon as I realized this was already released, yesterday I swooped it up and devoured it within two hours of it landing on my kindle. This second book doesn't start off right where the first one ended, well kind of, it starts off right towards the end of summer break so right before the start of Teddy's senior year and actually being Teddy at the school. And evidently eight months after the fall out of everyone finding out the truth about Teddy. So yeah not really right where the first book left off, but kind of where it left off. Yeah I know that's kind of confusing, believe me, I was a bit confused too when I started reading. 

Let's start with Teddy. Ahhh I feel so much better calling her Teddy. I really liked Teddy in the first book, I thought she had a backbone, was strong-willed, and definitely didn't put up with the crude from the guy's. So as you can imagine I expected the same from her in this book. I have to say in ways I was let down some by her in this book. I felt like in ways in this book Teddy was a bit whiney. And I didn't understand how she went from strong and confident in the first book to being whiney in this book. I mean I understood she missed the boys and wanted them back. But I just didn't understand why she seemed so much different in this book. Because honestly even though she was supposed to be Sadie in the first book, I feel like in the first book we got the more genuine Teddy and in this book not so much. 

Ahhh the boys, let's get to the boys.... Blair, I just loved Blair, I think he still may be my favorite of the three. I was a bit wary of him after the beginning of the book and was afraid he was going to pull some big cruel joke on Teddy at the end. But then I found my heart breaking for him when I realized he really liked her and really wanted to be with her, but Teddy just wasn't giving him a chance because of how he was acting. Ahhh, Wills, he's still a tuff nut to crack. He kind of wants to play the dumb laid back jock, but I don't really think he's that dumb. And we definitely get to see a much softer side to him in this book. And than Astor, once again we have the hard to crack Astor. And once again we don't get a lot of him in this book, but he and Teddy have a few minutes and a few kisses and we're supposed to believe there's this great connection. I don't know I'm hoping in this next book we get more of him and Teddy. 

So I have to say that while there is a bit of bullying in this book, in most part by Veronica. This book is much lighter, well not sure lighter is the right word either. Not that the first book was heavy and dark. I mean it had its bullying moments, just like this book had its bullying moments. But as I mentioned just not as much. I will say there's a new character that was thrown in this book that puts a twist on this book and with that cliffy, we're left with I wondering if we'll actually get the answers to who Teddy really is in the third book and if everyone is ok. 

I'm giving this book 4 Stars out of 5 and seriously can't wait for the third book!!! 



Disclaimer: I received a copy of this book from my Kindle Unlimited subscription. The opinions in this post are 100% of Busy Bumble Bee Book Reviews and may differ from others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment