Friday, February 22, 2019

Rise of the Phoenix {Book Review}


Title: Rise of the Phoenix
Series: Phoenix Skulls MC - Book 1
Author: Jessie Cooke
Genre: MC Romance

Book Description:

Jace Bell, a nomad for the Skulls, and Beck Golden, his new old lady, moved to Phoenix with high hopes.

Jace had been handpicked to run the new chapter of the Skulls by the presidents of both the Westside and Southside chapters.

Wolf Lee and Dax Marshall made sure the club had the land to build on and the support they needed to move forward.

It all felt almost surreal to Jace who had moved his entire life from the East Coast to the West in order to take the job.

His life had never been easy and suddenly he had everything he'd ever dreamed of...but only for a fleeting moment.

When befriending an older Native American couple introduces the club to their twenty-two year old son, Tommy, bizarre things begin to happen.

At first Jace and Beck believe it's all a ploy by Tommy to get them off land Tommy believes they don't belong on.

But then bodies begin to turn up and Jace has to dig deeper, unearthing, along with the bodies, a twisted tale of murder, lies and family dysfunction that runs much more than skin deep.

The future of the club is up in the air and nobody knows where the killer will strike next.

Will Jace and Beck cave underneath all the pressure, or can this odd couple and their misfit crew rise from the ashes and begin again?

Book 1 in the Phoenix Skulls MC Series. 
This is a Standalone Romance Novel but characters from this story, will appear in future books in the series. 
HEA and No cliffhanger. 
Intended for Mature Readers.

* * *
The Phoenix Skulls MC Series is about members of the MC club, their friends and associates. 
Each story, while focused around one main character, is not necessarily about a Phoenix Skulls club member, but the story is related to Skulls members and the club.

My Review:

Look I'm going to be completely honest here I have been a fan of Mrs. Cooke's Skulls since the beginning. In fact I have been with the Skulls since the beginning, all the way back to Dax's book (which by the way seems, oh so long ago). Than I had missed a couple of her books (which by the way I still haven't read, but they are still sitting on my list) and than dove back into the Westside Skulls with Beck's book. I have to say that after reading Beck's book, I was a bit weary coming into this book. But I wanted to give Beck another shot and I thought why the heck not since it was the start to another Skulls series. 

I also have to say that at some point I can't remember if it was a Southside Skull or a Westside Skull book. But at any point, Mrs. Cooke seemed to change how the books were written. Or maybe that's not exactly the right wording I'm trying to come up with. Let's just say it this way, it seems recently in the books that the book your reading about isn't particularly about the couple you think your reading about, does that make sense? Or did I just confuse you more? 

Like this book for instance, it's not just a continuation of Jace and Beck's story. But it's more about mutliple people. 

I was hoping to actually like Beck more in this story than I did in Beck's story. I have to say I did not. She drove me even more crazy in this book than she did the other. But I did still enjoy Jace in this story. 

I will also admit I had a hard time getting into this book at first. I thought the beginning was a bit slow and a bit boring. But than maybe five chapter's in or so it started picking up. As just mentioned above this book was more than just about Beck and Jace, and was really about many people. I think Mrs. Cooke was also trying to introduce us to the new guy's of the Phoenix chapter. Other than that it was a good book, add in some drama and some smexiness, and it was an all around good book. 

I'm giving this book 4 Stars out of 5!!!!

Disclaimer: I received an ARC of this book from Enticing Journey Book Promotions for my honest review. The opinions in this post are 100% of Busy Bumble Bee Book Reviews and may differ from others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment