Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Jagged Ink {Book Review}


Title: Jagged Ink 
Series: Montgomery Ink: Colorado Springs Book 3
Author: Carrie Ann Ryan
Genre: Contemporary Romance

Book Description:

The Montgomery Ink: Colorado Springs series continues with a couple fighting to keep what they thought they had and gain what they didn’t know they needed.

Roxie Montgomery met her soul mate when she least expected it. When he asked her to marry him, she thought her happily ever after was only just beginning. Then, she found that walking into the sunset was much harder than her favorite books made it out to be. After a crushing loss, she feels as though she doesn’t know her husband anymore, or rather…she doesn’t know herself. 

Carter Marshall has loved Roxie since the first time he saw her. But as the days pass between them, so does the distance. He doesn’t know how to show her that he’s all in, and honestly doesn’t know if she’s in at all. When an accident changes everything, they’ll have to decide if what they have can be salvaged, or if starting over is the answer. Or even possible.

Without fighting, without a true new beginning, sometimes, the remnants of what was lost can leave anyone jagged, shells of what they were before. It will take more than the idea of forever for Roxie and Carter to find themselves again, but as the Montgomerys know, nothing worth fighting for is easy. 

My Review

So I'm going to start this review like I always do with Mrs. Ryan's books, and say I'm a huge fan of Mrs. Ryan's. I've been a fan of her's since the beginning of the Montgomery Ink series. And had been so excited for this Spin-Off series. I had also been really excited about Roxie and Carter's story. I think theirs was the one story I wanted to get to. And than my excitment died out and this is actually the very first book that I DNF. And I'll tell you why in a minute.

As mentioned above ever since Colorado Springs Montgomery's had started I think Roxie and Carter are the two character's that I wanted to get to know. You could tell as this series has gone on that these two had a story to tell. And as soon as these two landed on my kindle I dove right in. 

I want to say this I had No issues with Roxie and Carter's characters. In fact I loved Roxie and Carter. I thought that Roxie and Carter were a very likable, relateable, loveable couple. My issues with this book were Not Roxie and Carter. 

Here are my issues with this book: Within the first chapter I knew I was going to have a problem with this book. The first couple chapter's every couple of paragraph's became repetitive. Than it became every other paragraph. And than by Chapter Nine-is/Ten-ish it was like every sentence was repetitive. I mean there's only so many different times and different ways you can read that these two realize that they had issues, that they didn't want to hurt each other, that they loved each other, that they needed to talk about there issues, but because they had issues they didn't know how to talk to each other about said issues. 

Look usually in a book when you quickly realize that there is a bigger issue at hand that the character's haven't dealt with. I usually have No Problem waiting it out and finding out what the issue is when the character's finally open up about it. But with this book it was pretty easy with the first few chapters to figure out what was Roxie and Carter's issue. But by Chapter Thirteen they were still skirting around the issues and not talking about it. But knew they had to talk about it, because it was what their biggest issues was, was not talking about it. 

Yeah so by chapter thirteen I was just kind of over everything. I just couldn't do it anymore. I have to say there have been maybe a handful of books that I have almost given up on, that I wanted to give up on. But I pushed through, because I knew I was reviewing them and wanted to be able to give my full review. Also I just don't like Not being able to not finish a book. And I tried, I really tried my hardest with this book. But I just couldn't do it and thus I have my very first DNF book. 

I think I may take a break from Mrs. Ryan's books for awhile. As mentioned at the beginning of this review I'm a big fan of her's and have alway's loved the Montromery Ink series. But this spin-off series just hasn't cut it for me. So yeah I'm thinking I need to take a break from her books and come back to them later. 

Unfornately I'm giving this book 2 Stars out of 5!!!


Disclaimer: I received an ARC of this book from the author for my honest review. The opinions in this post are 100% of Busy Bumble Bee Book Reviews and may differ from others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment