Saturday, February 9, 2019

Claimed Royalty {Book Review}



Title: Claimed Royalty

Series: Crowned and Claimed #1
Author: Betty Shreffler
Genre: Royal Intrigue Fantasy Romance/
Romantic Suspense

Book Description:

In a world where a woman’s purity is the fine line between being Queen and being killed, he was given one duty—to protect my purity and above all, to protect me. Both were a battle we weren’t ready for.

Forced by tradition, and as their chosen Queen, I must endure my trials and the suitor phase, ultimately giving myself to a man from the Royal Houses. Each one competes to be my King, all wanting what no other has had…my purity.

To have what I truly want would risk my entire reign, but to do what is expected of me would destroy my heart. My only protection is to follow through, giving each royal the opportunity to win their prize…me in a bedroom suite and a crown atop their head.

Behind closed doors, I commit my biggest sin, loving a man I’m forbidden to have. When the time comes for me to be crowned, I’ll be forced to make a choice—risk our love or risk my life.

From the Author: This story contains multiple men pursuing and having a relationship with the lead heroine. Story may not be suitable for readers who dislike love triangles, ménage, or why choose reverse harems. This series is as sexy as it is suspenseful. Packed with romance, drama, action, and unexpected twists. Once you start, you won’t want to put it down! 

My Review:

I first want to say I have been a fan of Mrs. Sheffler's for awhile now and have always enjoyed her books. I have to say when I first started reading this book I didn't realize that it was a fantasy type book. But I realized very quickly that it was a bit different. I have to say that right off the bat I kind of got a Hunger Games/Divergent type vibe off of this book. But with Royal's......

I have to say that this is the kind of book that you can't write your thoughts on the main character's, because well there's several different ones. And I don't want to give anything away. 

I will say this though I think the synopsis pretty much gives you a good idea of what the book is about. I thought that the storyline/plot was a good idea. I even don't mind the several suitors at one time aspect. I can even get down with the menage, I like me some menage.

Even though I had been really excited about this book and had heard really good things about it. I have to say that's about where my excitement for this book ends. I have to say that I had an extremely hard time getting into this book and found myself skimming through the first few chapters. I also have to say I wasn't a fan of one of the main character's, so it made it even a bit tougher to read. 

I would love to push through and keep going to the end to see who Fiora really ends up with. But unfortunately I think I will end with this first book. 

I'm giving this book 3 Stars out of 5!!!

Disclaimer: I received an ARC of this book from Give Me Books PR for my honest review. The opinions in this post are 100% of Busy Bumble Bee Book Reviews and may differ from others. 




No comments:

Post a Comment