Monday, February 11, 2019

Lust {Book Review}


Title: Lust
Series: The Elite Seven, Book One
Genre: Young Adult, Dark Contemporary, Suspense
Author: Ker Dukey

Book Description:

I was born with wealth, athletic ability, and looks that could melt the panties off a nun. 
I had a clear path to success. 
Until fate dealt me a cruel blow, leaving me empty and in need of purpose. 
My only focus now is to become part of The Elite--a secret society in one of the most prestigious colleges in the world. 
But everything comes at a price, and with The Elite, you have to earn your place. 
Lucky for me, being sinful is in my DNA. 
The only obstacle to full initiation is my task: seduce the un-seducible, the forbidden, and lure her with the sins of the flesh. 
Easy for a man like me...in theory. 
She started as my task, but what happens when the lines between lust and love blur, and the need for power rages war with the need for her? 
Accept your sin wisely, for the tasks given to earn your place are not for the weak--they're for The Elite. 
This is my life, my chance, my legacy. 
I am Rhett Masters. 
I am Lust. 

Author note:
(Each story is about a different couple with an interwoven back story throughout.) 

My Review:

Lust is the first book in The Elite Seven multiple author series. I have to admit that I wasn't sure at first if I was going to read this series or not. There have been a lot of author's recently writing books on the Seven Sins. Not that there's anything wrong with that or anything. Anyways I'm getting way off track here.... But I believe this is a first for me and this author. I mean I've heard of Mrs. Dukey before, but I don't believe I've read anything from her. 

But wow.... wow.... wow..... I'm so happy that I decided to give this series a chance. Mrs. Dukey will take you on an emotional rollarcoaster ride. I laughed, I cried, and my heart broke with this story. 

Man Rhett, aka Lust, Masters.... What can I say about him? Well this young man just ripped my heart out. Oh the feels for him... He's a young man who has a ton of misplaced guilt resting on his shoulders, I'm not going to say why because I don't want to give anything away. His parents, if you could even call them that, are first class grade A ar$eholes. Probably the only thing saving this young man is best friend Baxter, aka God (aka Gultony) and the idea of making it into The Elite Seven. That is until he meets Chastity and everything changes for him.

I really liked Chastity. I thought she was sweet, kind, caring. I just wish we had gotten to know her a bit better. All we really got to know about her was she lost her mom in child birth and her father was the Dean of the college. Also that she has a witch of a step-mother who evidently is part of The Elite Seven.

As I mentioned above Mrs. Dukey will take you on an emotional rollarcoaster ride with this story. I felt like my heart got ripped out, only to be put back in, and than just ripped out again. I will say that I really enjoyed this book. And I really liked the secondary characters, aka the other guys trying to get into The Elite Seven. They all seemed so interesting and I want to know their stories immidately, unfortunately I'm going to have to wait for the others. 

I'm giving this book 4.5 Stars out of 5 and can't wait for Pride!!!

Disclaimer: I received an ARC of this book for my honest review. The opinions in this post are 100% of Busy Bumble Bee Book Reviews and may differ from others. 


No comments:

Post a Comment