Sunday, September 30, 2018

The Rancher's Twins {Book Review}


Title: The Rancher's Twins
Series: Return of the Blackwell Brothers
Author: Carol Ross
Genre: Hartwarming, Contemporary, Western

Book Description:

She’s not the country nanny he advertised for

But she could be perfect for him…

Jon Blackwell needs a woman ready to tackle the duties of a cattle ranch and two lively, take-no-prisoners twin girls. But ever since Lydia Newbury showed up at his six-generation Montana spread, the frazzled single father is rethinking, well, everything. The Philadelphia dazzler is a marvel. What he doesn’t know is the secret that has Lydia on the run…

My Review

Mrs. Ross is a new to me author. So I wasn't exactly sure what to expect going into this book. But the cover caught my attention and the fact in the description it said single dad. I love single parent books. There one of my secret favorite reads. 

Lets start with Jon.... Jon is the oldest of the Blackwell boys, he runs his own ranch, he's raising his twin girls on his own. And he finds himself having to help out at his grandfather's ranch when his grandfather ups and disappears. I loved Jon to death and a lot rested on his shoulder. I thought he did the best he could with what he was given. I did think at times he seemed a bit judgemental, but I guess that's to be expected with what he went through with his ex-wife. 

I liked Lydia.... I thought she was a likable character.... I felt like times though we only got bits and pieces about her..... Like she's on the run from her now ex-boyfriend.... Than at another part her parents had a nasty divorce.... And than another part she had a grandmother whom she seemed to love her dearly and was really the only one who had shown her warmth and love, had passed away a long time ago... I felt like the author kind of spaced out the information on Lydia to make her really just likable. 

I did really enjoy this book. And thought that it was a sweet, likable, lighthearted read. I can't wait to read more about these Blackwell brothers. 

I'm giving this book 4 Stars out of 5!!!!




Disclaimer: I received a copy of this book from Prism Book Tours for my honest review. The opinions in this post are 100% of Busy Bumble Bee Book Reviews and may differ from others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment