Saturday, September 8, 2018

A Cowboy's Pride {Book Review}


Title: A Cowboy's Pride
Series: Rocky Mountain Cowboys #4
Author: Karen Rock
Genre: Contemporary Romance

Book Description:

Old wounds run deep

Only the truth can heal them…

Rancher Cole Loveland has no interest in dredging up the past, but his ex-fiancĂ©e, Katlynn Brennon, has other plans. To save her struggling TV show, she’s come back to Colorado to investigate the infamous Cade-Loveland feud. Trusting Katlynn again isn’t easy—she’s already chosen her career over Cole once. But he’s beginning to realize that true love, like legends, never dies.

My Review:

So this is the fourth book in theh Rocky Mountain Cowboy series. Or if you've read the other books like I have. I like to call it the Cade-Loveland series. This book starts to follow the Loveland side of the family.

Man oh man did I love Cole Loveland. He's the oldest of the Loveland clan and has been carrying around the weight of not being good enough on his shoulders since his mother died. Or probably even before that, his mother always made him feel like she was stuck where she was because she became pregnant with him. I think that made him the man he is. He's sweet, kind, caring, and protective. He's a man who wants to save his family's name and ranch. You could tell how much he cared about his family.

Oh man Katie-Lynn, or Katlynn as she goes by now, man I had some mixed feelings on her. For the first half of the book I couldn't really stand her. I found her to be a bit selfish, and a bit egotistical, everything needed to be about her her her. I mean a I get it she came from a big family and as a kid/teenager she felt undervalued or unnoticed. Around or a little bit after half way through, I started liking her a bit more when she realized that her family truly cared about her and did notice her and loved her.

Mrs. Rock takes us on a wild ride in this book when Cole and Katie-Lynn start uncovering Loveland-Cade family secrets. When the start to learn about the real reasons for the family feud. I really enjoyed this book and loved seeing appearences from the Cade clan.

I'm giving this book 4.5 Stars out of 5!!!!


Disclaimer: I received an ARC of this book from Prism Book Tours for my honest review. The opinions in this post 100% of Busy Bumble Bee Book Reviews and may differ from others.

No comments:

Post a Comment