Monday, November 27, 2017

His Baby Dilemma {Book Review}






Title:His Baby Dilemma
SeriesShores of Indian Lake #9
AuthorCatherine Lanigan
Genre: Adult Contemporary Romance

Book Description:

Must they always be continents apart?

Nobody expects Paris fashion designer Grace Railton to settle down in her Indiana town, least of all Mica Barzonni. Fifteen months ago, he turned to her for comfort and compassion following a farming accident that left him permanently injured. Then she returned to France and went silent on him.

Until, suddenly, Grace shows up on his doorstep with life-altering news. Mica, a father? He’s barely learned to navigate his postaccident life. But this could be his chance to become the man he’s always wanted to be—the husband and father Grace and their baby son need. Now Mica just has to convince her to stay.

My Review

This is the first time I have read anything from Mrs. Lanigan or anything in this series. But you know what drew me to read this book? Is it involved a baby. I love love love secret baby stories or single parent stories. This is a sweet little second chance or really third chance story for these two characters.

I have to admit I was really excited about reading this book. But I will also admit about half way through I started having mixed feelings about it. Than I really liked it once again. 

I did enjoy both Grace and Mica's characters. 

Mica was rough around the edges with what happened to him in the accident. Also he seemed to be a bit of the black sheep of his family. Though you could still feel the family love through all of his family. 

Grace.... Oh Grace.... She was also a bit rough around the edges and took a bit of time to get used to. I also found her to be a bit irritating at times. I thought at times she seemed way to obsessed with her job than necessary. But I also understood where she was coming from being a single parent myself. 

I thought that this was a sweet second chance story for these two characters. I also thought the secondary characters were enjoyable. I thought there was just the right amount of sweetness and just the right amount of humor. 

I'm giving this book 4 Stars out of 5 and will be checking out other books by this author.

Disclaimer: I received an ARC of this book from Prism Book Tours for my honest review. The opinions in this post are 100% of Busy Bumble Bee Book Reviews and may differ from others.


No comments:

Post a Comment