Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Hard To Come By {Book Review}


Title: Hard To Come By {A Hard Ink Novel}

Author: Laura Kaye

Genre:

Book Description:

Caught between desire and loyalty...

Derek DiMarzio would do anything for the members of his disgraced Special Forces team--sacrifice his body, help a former teammate with a covert operation to restore their honor, and even go behind enemy lines. He just never expected to want the beautiful woman he found there.

When a sexy stranger asks questions about her brother, Emilie Garza is torn between loyalty to the brother she once idolized and fear of the war-changed man he's become. Derek's easy smile and quiet strength tempt Emilie to open up, igniting the desire between them and leading Derek to crave a woman he shouldn't trust.

As the team's investigation reveals how powerful their enemies are, Derek and Emilie must prove where their loyalties lie before hearts are broken and lives are lost. Because love is too hard to come by to let slip away...

My Review:

    This is another one of those series that I adore. And I love the Hard Ink boy's. This is the third book in this series. I've bought the other books in this series to read. But this is the first one that I've been able to review. I will say that I would that these books should be read in order (I mean you could read it as a stand alone). Though I will say you may be confused of what's going on, if you read as a stand alone.
 

     I loved Derek "Marz" DiMarzio in this book. He has been one of my favorites since the beginning of the Hard Ink series has started. But I loved him even more in this book. You really get to know who Marz is. He's still his funny, smart, laughable self in this book. And he doesn't let his amputation get him down. And  man oh man is he a dirty talker.

    Emilie is a sweetheart in this book. She's passionate about her job and she cares deeply about her family and friends.

     I love how Laura Kaye  takes us on a journey through these books in trying to find justice for these guys who have been disgraced. And there are some big secrets revealed in this book. Hard To Come By pulls you in from the beginning and holds you tell the end. I love the relationships between each and everyone of these characters in the books.

     I give this book a 4.75 Stars Out Of 5 Stars and would definitely recommend this book if you either enjoy the Hard Ink series if you've read them before. Or if you just enjoy a story that has a little bit of suspense, some mystery, some action and don't forget the steamy romance.

   

                   You can purchase Hard To Come By on Amazon, B & N, iBooks , Kobo

                   You can find out more about author Laura Kaye and her books on her Website . You can also connect with her on Facebook and Twitter.

Disclaimer: I received an ARC of this book from the author and/or publisher for my honest review. The opinions in this post are 100% of my own and may differ from others.

No comments:

Post a Comment