Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Falling for the Enemy {Book Review}

 

Title: Falling for the Enemy

Author: Samanthe Beck

Genre: Contemporary Romance

Book Blurb:

Caught between a rock and a rock-hard body…

Salon owner Virginia Boca has declared herself celibate...at least until she wins the election for mayor of Bluelick, Kentucky. No hot men. No sex. And her plan to play the good girl might have worked—if the mysterious, hard-bodied stranger she’s seen around town hadn't pulled her from the street and saved her life. The least Ginny can do is offer her savior a free haircut.

But when an innocent haircut turns into hours of wickedly hot sex, former Navy SEAL Shaun Buchanan knows his plan to keep a low profile is shot. Especially once Ginny finds out he’s the current mayor's son. With her reputation and the election on the line, Ginny seems determined to keep their nightly sexcapades a secret, but Shaun’s not willing to stay in the shadows forever…

My Review:

    So it's been at least a year since I last reviewed one of author
Samanthe Beck's books, and it's been a few months since I've read one of her books. I've been loaded down with a lot of books recently to review. So I don't really have to worry about finding something new to review. But sometimes it's nice to go back to a book or an author that you're familiar with, or enjoy reading. And Samanthe Beck is one of those authors I love to read and always enjoy her books. 

   This book was a very enjoyable read and the characters were very likable right away. There were times I right out laughed at either the situation or what one of the characters said. 

     Virginia "Ginny" Boca was a very likable heroine right away. She's independent, strong, friendly and cares deeply about what happens in her town. She's also, at least to me, very funny to me. Though she does become a little obsessive about keeping her relationship with Shaun a secret. I understand why she wanted to, but at the same time I felt bad for Shaun. 

     Shaun's character was a bit of a mystery through the whole story. I mean yes we know he's an ex-SEAL, yes we know he's good looking. Yes it's obvious he's not close to his father. And yes obviously he's got some demons on his shoulders. But other than the obvious attraction between him and Ginny. He's a little bit of a mystery. 

    This was another good book by Samanthe Beck. The story had nice flow. The book had a little bit of family drama, a little bit of humor, and of course hot steamy romance.

   I'm giving this book 4 Out of 5 Stars and would recommend it if you enjoy other books by Samanthe Beck. Or books like hers.


            You can purchase Falling for the Enemy on Amazon , B & N, Kobo and on iBooks

             You can find out more about author Samanthe Beck and her books on her Website . You can also connect with her on Facebook, Twitter and also on Goodreads.

Disclaimer: I received an ARC of this book from the author and or publisher for my honest review. The opinions in this post are 100% of my own and may differ from others.





No comments:

Post a Comment