Saturday, November 29, 2014

Chasing Jenna {Book Review}


Title: Chasing Jenna

Author: Micki Fredricks

Genre: Romantic Suspense

Book Description:

Twenty year old Jenna Clausen has one chance to change her life… and she is going to take it.
 
Leaving the darkness of her life two hundred miles behind her, Jenna arrives at the one place that could save her… college. Pushing her fears aside while gathering all of her courage, she steps out into her new life, and right into the sights of Cale Davis.

Cale is part of the most elite house on campus simply called, The Brotherhood. It’s an exclusive house with one rule for membership, either you are born into The Brotherhood or you’re not. Cale makes it a priority to get what he wants … and he wants Jenna. He sets a plan into motion to make Jenna his.

There is however, one flaw to Cale’s plan, Ryan Kitson. Also a fellow Brother in the House, he is a Cale- approved study partner for Jenna. But when her feelings for Ryan start to grow, Jenna has another decision to make …. one she couldn’t possibly have understood the dangers of.
She suddenly finds herself engulfed by a lifestyle so dark and twisted she can’t find a way out. On the run and unsure who to trust, she spirals deeper and deeper into her nightmare. Jenna struggles to put all the pieces together until it finally becomes clear… the decision she made to save her life, might actually be the one that ends it.

My Review:

     I really have no words for this book and no I don't mean that in a bad way. I actually have way too many words for this book. When I first signed up to read this book, after reading the synopsis I thought I knew what this book was going to be about. But let me tell you it's not really what you think it is. This book is one of those 'Oh my god what is going on?' books. This book really was unpredictable, just when you thought you knew what was going on, author Micki Fredrick's would take you in the complete opposite direction. Chasing Jenna has so many twist and turns. I'm really trying sensor my review here and not give away any spoilers.

     The characters in this book are very like able. I will say this and try not to give away too much. There are some characters in this book that you will like and by the end of the book you really shouldn't like. Than there are characters in the book that you may like but you think I really don't want to like them, but you can't help but like them. And I really hope that doesn't confuse anyone, but I think if you read this book you'll understand what I mean. 

    Let's talk about Jenna for a moment. I really felt for Jenna from the beginning of the story. I could even relate to her a little bit on just wanting to get away from the past and having a fresh start somewhere. Not trying to knock her or anything but for everything she's been through, she's a little naive about other things. 

     Alright this is where it gets tricky for me because usually I would talk about the guy in a book and say how much I love him. But here's the thing with this book there's 2 main guys in this book and hopefully without giving too much away. One is not what he really seems and the other one is not what I expecting. 

      Chasing Jenna was an unexpected gripping tale that author Micki Fredrick takes you through. There really is a life lesson to this story and it is 'Trust your instincts' if something or someone doesn't feel right, than it probably isn't. The story had a nice flow to it and was very discriptive. The author pulled me into the story and had me giggle at times, than yelling at the characters, than crying at others. 

    I give this story 4.75 Stars Out of 5 and would definitely recommend it. I can't wait to see what Micki Fredrick comes up with next!!!!


 You can purchase Chasing Jenna on Amazon



Disclaimer: I received an ARC of this book from Love Between the Sheets for my honest review. The opinions in this post are 100% of my own and may differ from others.

No comments:

Post a Comment