Thursday, October 18, 2018

The Gathering {Book Review}


Title: The Gathering
Series: The Ivy Blackwood Chronicles
Author: L.A. Fiore
Genre: Contemporary/Thriller/Paranormal Romance

Book Description

Words like unnatural and impure started the whispers.

From the very beginning, Ivy Blackwood was different. She was only a child when she was accused of setting the fire, one she passively watched engulf the small house she had called home. Her fingertips burned and her hair singed. Some who watched her crossed themselves, convinced she was soulless for she showed no emotion at all. Calm and dispassionate, even when the screaming started that quickly turned to bellows of agony before dying into nothing but the roaring of the fire.

She was locked away where she couldn’t bring harm to herself or others. To all involved, they had protected the world from a monster, but sometimes things are not what they seem.


My Review:

Wow.... Wow... Wow... I mean what else can I say? 

I will start by saying this Mrs. Fiore's been sitting on my TBR list for awhile. And I just hadn't had the chance to read anything by her yet. But the synopsis of this story grabbed my attention and I thought this was a perfect time to start reading her books. And boy oh boy and I'm so glad that I did.

Now comes the hard part. And I say hard part because I don't want to give anything away or spoil anything for anyone. 

I will say this if you just go off of the synopsis it truly gives nothing away about this book. But I will say this Mrs. Fiore throws a lot of information at you in this book and in particular the first few chapters. She almost throws too much information and it almost becomes information overload, if you know what I mean. She also throws a lot of characters at you at the beginning chapters, and again its almost character overload. But I will say this all of the characters she throws in this book have an important roll in this book. 

This book is really more than just a paranormal book. This book is about good and evil. Almost what you might believe in and what you may not believe in. Don't get me wrong its not a religious book. But it has a bit of everything and every kind of ceature in it. From Demons, Werewolves, Vampires, Gods and Goddess, to Faires. 

Now onto the main characters Ivy and Bain. I loved these two so much. They've been connected to each other for so long. But their stories haven't always ended in happiness. But you could feel their connection and feel the love they had for each other. 

So this review has turned out way longer than I wanted it to, so I'm going to end it here. I want to say as I don't read very many paranormal books as I'm very particular about them. I really did enjoy this book. I enjoyed the story line, I even enjoyed all the information being thrown at us, I loved the main characters, and the secondary characters. And I hope I haven't given any spoilers away to anyone. 

I'm giving this book 4.5 Stars out of 5 and can't wait for more from these characters!!! 



Disclaimer: I received an ARC of this book from Give Me Books PR for my honest review. The opinions in this post are 100% of Busy Bumble Bee Book Reviews and may differ from others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment