Thursday, October 18, 2018

Anarchy {Book Reviews}


Title: Anarchy
Series: Deathstalkers MC Book 10
Author: Alexis Noelle
Genre: MC Romance

Book Description:

Sheltered. Naive. And completely clueless.
Mary is everything I shouldn't want.
I like them fun, crazy, ready & willing.

She’s pure, innocent, and fears us all.
But there's something there,
Something brewing...

We all know the truth,
A secret that could destroy her,
A fact that she's got a damn right to know.

But when she does,
The sweet little thing just might be ready for a crazy ride,
A ride with me, on the wild side a life,
A ride that will damn near start an all-out war,
Anarchy all over again.

My Review:

Oh boy where can I start with this review?

I don't want to be negative. Because one that's just not me and two I don't think that's really necessary, or helpful for authors. I went into this book very wearly and didn't know what to expect, or could I even say hold very high hopes for it (and seriously I really don't mean that in a negative way). But I said this in my last couple of reviews, I'm not sure what happened to this series. This used to be one of my go-to reread series, but somewhere along the way it kind of fell away from where it started. And again I think maybe Mrs. Noelle hit the peak of it way too soon.

I will say this though this book was a bit better than the last one. I did like Emma and Mikey's characters. I thought they were both likeable, sweet, kind, caring. Though Emma has lived a very sheltered life like her aunt Lucy did. It was obvious she was not nieve about some of this things that went on at the compound. But maybe nieve about some other things. And I felt for her and what she had lost. As I just said I also liked Mikey, but I feel like we didn't really get to know him. And I don't know he didn't really feel like a biker to me, it was just kind of like he was there.

Ok I feel like I'm being debbie-downer in this review and I'm really not trying to. I feel like somewhere along the line of this series Mrs. Noelle fell away from the MC aspect of these books. And I'll tell you why, the last few books I haven't felt the sense of brotherhood that comes along in MC books. I mean sure a few brothers have shown up here and there in the books, but again haven't felt the sense of brotherhood. Also I feel like in the last book Mrs. Noelle was making it like there was going to be this Big Finish in this book for the series. But I felt it was a little anticlamatic, it was there and than it was just over, it fizzled at best.

I want to say this I did enjoy this book. Again it was a lighter book than the first several books in this series. I think the concept of the compound would have been great maybe as a stand alone or maybe a different kind of series. At times I felt like I was reading two different series in one. I do want to say this I am sad that this generation of Deathstalkers is over and I know Mrs. Noelle makes a note at the end that there will be a new generation coming soon with the kids. But I'm unsure if I will continue with the next generation or not.

I'm giving this book 4 Stars out of 5 for the whole series!!!!




Disclaimer: I received an ARC of this book from Enticing Journey Book Promotions for my honest review. The opinions in this post are 100% of Busy Bumble Bee Book Reviews and may differ from others.

No comments:

Post a Comment