Monday, May 29, 2017

Dax {Book Review}


Title: DAX: Southside Skulls Motorcycle Club
Series: Southside Skulls MC Romance Book 1
Author: Jessie Cooke
Genre: MC Romance

Book Description:

Dax Marshall is six foot four of hard muscle and raw animal magnetism.
As president of the Southside Skulls Outlaw Biker Club, he’s had his share of women, but never one who meant more to him than his Harley or the brotherhood.
That was before she walked into the Spirits Bar and told him her name—Angel.

Angel Brady went searching for something she would only find by hiding who she really was.
But she found much more than she was looking for, and now her secret stands between her and what matters most.

Can Dax and Angel overcome the other dangers lurking in the shadows that threaten everything they live for?
Secrets that even Angel never knew.

This is the first book in the Southside Skulls MC Series.
This is a Standalone HEA Romance Novel, with HEA and No cliffhangers.
Intended for Mature Readers.

My Review:

This was a nice start to a new MC series and as much as I love my MC books. I like to start the series at the beginning, instead of jumping in in the middle and having to go back.

I liked Angel in this book. She's a women in a males world where I think sometimes men still feel like women can't do what men do. So she's more than willing to take the undercover job and prove to all of the overprotective males in her life that she's just a good of a cop as them. I really liked that Angel realized that not everything is as it seems and that maybe, just maybe Dax and his crew aren't as bad as people make them out to be. I liked that we got to watch Angel's character grow in this book.

I also really liked Dax in this book. He was definitely all around strong alpha male. He is just trying to keep his club out of trouble, but trouble keeps landing at his doorstep. I will say that with everything that was happening I definitely felt for Dax.

As I said above this was a nice start to a new series. But I will say this there were a couple of times that I kind of felt like the story moved a bit slowly and I kind of just skimmed through it. There was definitely a ton of action and some hot smexiness. I will also say that the author threw in a twist towards the end that I wasn't expecting.

I'm giving this book 4 Stars out of 5 and can't wait for Cody!!!!

Disclaimer: I received an ARC of this book for my honest review. The opinions in this post are 100% of Busy Bumble Bee Book Reviews and may differ from others.

No comments:

Post a Comment