Monday, March 11, 2019

Wrath {Book Review}


Title: Wrath
Series: The Elite Seven, Book 3
Author: Claire C. Riley
Genre: Young Adult, Dark Romance

Book Description

I’m a motherless son to a father who hates me. Fury has lived and breathed in my black heart for so long, it’s a part of my soul now. The only thing that’s ever mattered to me is protecting my twin sister, Sabella, from my father’s temper.

So when the chance to join a secret society presents itself, there’s no question I’ll do whatever it takes to become a member and earn my place in the ranks of only the most Elite.

With a taste for the deviant, I’m drawn to the darkest of desires, and no one ever leaves my bed unscathed.
My task: seduce Patience Noelle, St. Augustine’s sweetheart and the mayor’s beloved daughter—then break her heart.

Sinning is what I live for, and deviance is my passion. Failing has never been an option.

But what happens when my sin becomes my curse—when destroying the only woman I’ve ever wanted is my key to protecting my sister?

Accept your sin wisely, for the tasks given to earn your place are not for the weak...they’re for The Elite.
This isn’t just my chance, it’s my legacy and reckoning.
I am Samuel Gunner.
I am Wrath.

My Review:

This is the third book in a multi-author series. In this book we get Samuel, aka Wrath's story by Claire C. Riley. I have to say that I a few books of Mrs. Riley's, so I'm no stranger to her writing. I will say this though I have become invested in this series. It's so intriguing and mysterious. That by the end of the last book Pride, I had to have this book. 

As mentioned above in this book we get Samuel, aka Wrath, he's a young man who has obviously grown up with some money. All his life he's been protecting his twin sister. I felt for both Sam and Sabella, they have lost their mother in child birth. And have grown up in a household filled with coldness and slightly abusive behavior from relatives. Samuel decided while he was a pre-teen that he's not going to put up with it anymore and is going to protect his sister anyway he can. Taking up underground fighting he's hoping that he can get noticed by The Elite so he can join and get revenge on his family. 

Patience is a young woman who is from both Samuel and Sabella's past. She's also the only one who knows what has happened in their past. 

I have to say that I had been so excited about this book, especially with the way that Pride had ended. I DO want to say before I continue, that I did enjoy this book. Don't get me wrong I did enjoy it. But I feel like this story took to long to tie into the other stories. I feel like this story started out as a completely other story and than melded into The Elite storyline. 

I'm giving this book 4 Stars out of 5!!!






Disclaimer: I received an ARC of this book from the author for my honest review. The opinions in this post are 100% of Busy Bumble Bee Book Reviews and may differ from others. 


No comments:

Post a Comment