Sunday, March 10, 2019

Drop a Gear and Disappear {Book Review}


Title: Drop a Gear and Disppear
Series: Kings of Vengeance MC Book 1
Author: Winter Travers 
Genre: MC Romance

Book Description:

They tried to make me disappear.

I thought I had found the brotherhood I had been searching for.

A club to fill the nagging void.

Till they took the woman I loved and left me for dead.

They may have her now, but things are about to change.

Vengeance will be mine.



You’ve read the novella in the Wanted Anthology, but Drop a Gear and Disappear is back and better than ever. Prepare to ride with the Kings of Vengeance.




My Review:

    So first I want to say I Have Not had the chance yet to read the shorter verison of this story in the Wanted Anthology. I actually do have the anthology sitting on my kindle and have read a couple of the stories on there. I just hadn't gotten around to reading this one yet. Which is probably a good thing, because as much as I love anthologies, I always have a hard time getting into the stories because they are so short. But anyways on with my review....

      I really liked Quinn and I really enjoyed him. But I have to say that although I did really like him and enjoy him, I was kind of let down by his character. I felt like we got to know nothing about him, well except for the fact that he had been released from prison and had thought he found some family with the Rolling Devil's MC. But I just felt like we never got the real feeling of him and where he came from, what he did to go to prison. But as I said what little we do know of him is he's a man that recently got out of prison, meet Kimber, and joined the Rolling Devil's for them only to turn their backs on him and basically beat him to death. Now Quinn's a man on a mission to destroy the Rolling Devil's and get his woman back. 

     Once again I liked Kimber, and I enjoyed Kimber. But once again I got nothing out of her, no background, no family history, really nothing about her. Expect for the fact that she had meet Quinn in their apartment building, they started dating, and the fact that she didn't like the fact that Quinn was trying to join the Rolling Devils. Oh and than the fact that she gets held hostage by the Rolling Devil's.

     Look I don't want to say that I didn't enjoy this book, because honestly I did really enjoy this book. In fact I had been super excited to see that Mrs. Traver's was bringing out a brand new MC series. I have to say that I really enjoy the band of brother's that came together to help Quinn rescue Kimber and makeup the newly made Kings of Vengeance MC. But at the same time there was something missing in this book for me, like the wow factor (I guess). I don't know what it was and I'm trying to think of the word I want to use, but something was just missing that made me want to really fall in love with this book. I really don't want to say the word depth, but maybe that's exactly the word I'm looking for. I think it might be the fact that I felt like there was a lack of character depth and it made the story fall a bit flat. But other than that I did really enjoy this book. 

  I'm giving this book 4 Stars out 5 and can't wait for the next one!!!!

Disclaimer: I received an ARC of this book from the author for my honest review. The opinions in this post are 100% of Busy Bumble Bee Book Reviews and may differ from others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment