Friday, May 16, 2014

First Down Texas Titans Book 3 {Book Review}

Disclaimer: I received an ARC of this book from the author for my honest review and post. The opinions in this post are 100% of my own and they may differ from others.



Title: First Down Texas Titans Book 3

Author: Cheryl Douglas

Genre: Romance

Book Description:

High Rollers operations director, Grayson Barrett, is loving life. He travels around the country, working hard, partying harder, and engaging in no-strings attached fun whenever the urge strikes. But when he returns to his home base in Texas to find that his business partner has hired a new accountant, he’s not amused. She’s gorgeous, intelligent, and clearly not interested in him.

After a bitter divorce, Alana Holmes moves to Arlington to start over. Her previous position, working for her husband’s company, was a nightmare. She was living under his powerful thumb, forced to follow his rules, at home and at work. Now that she’s finally broken free of him, she’s determined to make it on her own. She has a new home, new job and new opportunities. The only complication is Grayson, who bears a striking resemblance to her ex, in more ways than one.

My Review:


                So I have been anxiously waiting for the chance to read the third book in the Texas Titans series by Cheryl Douglas. As I've said before I'm huge fan of all of Cheryl's book since I found the very first book in the Nashville Nights series. Also kind of funny that I was anxiously waiting for this book to come out because I have yet to read the second book in this series yet. I have read the first one Strike Out, which I loved. So I guess at some point I will have to go back and read the second book in this series. I love the Texas Titans series because it goes in a little different direction than Cheryl's Nashville series.

       I really like the beginning of First Down it had me laughing especially when Grayson finds out that Jaxon went behind his back and hired Alana.

      I kind of had a hard time liking Alana in this book, and I've only had that happen with two other female character's in Cheryl's books. Its not that she's an unlikeable character, I just wasn't really feeling her. Though I was very happy that she was able to and wanted to get away from her controlling ex-husband.

      I absolutely loved Grayson's character in this book and even though he did some thing's behind Alana's back. I could understand why he did them and loved him even more for it.

      I would definitely have to give this book a solid 4 out of 5 stars and can't wait for the next book to come out.


      You can now purchase First Down Texas Titans Book #3 on Amazon and on Barnes and Noble.

       You can also check out author Cheryl Douglas and her other books on her Website. You can also follow her on Facebook and on Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment