Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Defenseless {Book Review}


Title: Defenseless

Author: Corinne Michaels

Genre: Contemporary Romance

Book Description:


My life is a secret.

His life is dangerous.

We’re both stubborn, calculating, and controlling.

Mark Dixon doesn’t know what he’s getting into. He doesn’t know his games could cost us our lives. I have to do what is necessary to keep us alive, and that means guarding my heart.

But I know I’m defenseless against him, and in the end, he’ll force me to surrender.

My Review:

     I have to say first of all I was a little weary going into this book. I wasn't sure at all if I wanted to read this book. And I'll tell you why, I wasn't happy with the last book, the second part of Liam and Lee's story. So I wasn't sure if I was even going to get into this book. But the fact that this was Mark's book and he has been my favorite, well that had me caving. I have to say now that I'm so happy I caved and had the chance to review this.

    I absolutely adored and loved Mark in this book. He has been my favorite since I started reading these books. He's been the joker and the glue that has held everybody and everything together. And he's no different in this book. Though he's been a little bit of a mystery in the other books. I liked getting to know him better.

     I really liked Charlie. I thought she was just the right amount of sassy and sweet. She was definitely a good match for Mark and kept him on his toes. Though I will admit there was a few times I was frustrated with her.

    I will say this there was a point the jump from chapter four to five, I kind of felt like there was a chunk of the story missing. Yes I realize we can't just have every day mundane things filling a story or chapter. But from that jump from chapter four to five, I felt a bit confused and it took me a bit to catch up and figure out what was going on.

     Other than that I really enjoyed this book. It had everything I like in a book, action, mystery, a teeny tiny bit of drama, and some smoking hot scenes. And don't want to give anything away, but there was definitely a part at the end that I didn't see coming.

     I'm giving this book 4.5 stars out of 5!!!

     


Disclaimer: I received an arc of this book from TRSOR promotions for my honest review. The opinions in this post are 100% of my own and may differ from others.

No comments:

Post a Comment