Wednesday, January 27, 2016

An Act of Salvation {Book Review}


Title: An Act of Salvation
Series: Acts of Honor Book 2 
Author: K. C. Lynn
Genre: Contemporary Romance

Book Description:

Sometimes two broken pieces make a whole.

He’s the one she’s always loved.

She’s the one he could never have.

A forbidden night of passion resulted in years of heartbreak when he walked away. Now she’s in danger and needs his help.

Trust doesn’t come easy for FBI Agent Nick Stone, especially when it comes to love, but he’ll risk it all for Katelyn Slade.

Including his heart.

Bullets fly, betrayals are exposed, and the flames from their past ignite.

His protection might be what saves her but in the end she will be his salvation.

This is Book two in the Acts Of Honor series, the spin-off series to Men Of Honor. It’s Nick and Katelyn’s story and is told in dual POV, has an HEA with no cliffhanger and it can be read as a standalone. However, I highly recommend that you read the Men Of Honor series prior, as characters play recurring roles in both series.


Warning: Due to mature subject matter, such as explicit sexual situations and coarse language, this story is not suitable for anyone under the age of 18.

My Review:

     Oh my gosh where have I been hiding at all this time. This was my first K.C. Lynn book I have read. Of course I have seen her books floating around and people talking about them. I also had the opportunity to read the last one, I guess the first book in this series. But at the time I was just so backed up that I had passed on it. I'm glad though this time I didn't pass up the opportunity to review this book.

   I have to say my feelings for Katelyn went back and forth. There were times I really, really liked her. Than there were a few times I wanted to shake her. I do have to say I love how protective and loyal she was to her brother. I did understand her though and felt for everything her and her brother had been through.

    I loved Nick in this book. He was kind of a hard character to get a read on. He was a bit mysterious through most of the book. Even though he kept people at arms length you could see he had a softer, more caring side. I mean really who just drops everything and leaves to help his old friends. Someone with a huge heart that's who and Nick definitely had a huge heart.

     Like I said this was my first K.C. Lynn book. I really enjoyed this book and felt for these characters. Now that I have read one of these books I'm definitely going to be going back and reading the others.

     I'm giving this book 4 out of 5 stars and can't wait for the next one!!!!!



Disclaimer: I received an arc of this book from the author for my honest review. The opinions in this post are 100% of my own and may differ from others.

No comments:

Post a Comment