Monday, January 4, 2016

Be My December (The Crawford Brothers Book 1) {Book Review}


Title: Be My December {The Crawford Brothers Book #1}

Author: Rachel Brookes

Genre: Contemporary Romance

Book Description:

Warning: 

This book contains content that may be offensive to some readers. 
Including sexual assault (flashbacks), adult situations, and graphic language. 


I knew the exact moment I had become a ‘yes’ girl. 
December 16th, a cold winter’s night, four years ago. 
The night my innocence was stolen, the night I made the mistake of saying no—a mistake I’d never make again. 
The dream of a ‘happily ever after' was now a locked away myth. I promised myself that I’d never return to the place of my worst nightmare, that I’d never let anyone get close, but then again, I never thought I’d meet someone like him. 
The intense, confident and beautiful Ky Crawford. 

I had no plans to become someone’s Prince Charming. 
I couldn’t be. I refused to be. My plan was simple—do whatever it takes to correct my biggest mistake, my one regret that now controlled my life. 
I was on track. I had plans, but then everything changed when I saw her—the girl in the red jacket, the girl who I was told couldn’t say no. 
The reserved yet stunning Eden Rivers. 

A girl who can’t say no. 
A guy who craves redemption. 
A chance encounter? 

It all comes down to this. 
One question. 
One month. 

Be My December?

My Review:

     I want to start this by saying I'm kind of at a loss of what to write. I also want to say this is the first book I have read of Mrs. Brookes. I saw an opportunity to read her books and looked at the synopsis and thought this book sounded good. 

     This book deals with a dark topic. A topic which I might add I read a lot of last year. Not that I'm complaining or that I mind reading it. 

        Where should I start? Let's start with Eden. Oh gosh Eden, I'm sorry I really am but I just couldn't connect with her. I don't want to say I disliked her, but she got on my nerves. Look I felt for her and what she went through. I also thought she was a fighter and survivor. I get what she went through believe me I do, I've been there. I get not wanting to open up to people. But she just never seemed to be moving forward and seemed stuck on the past.  

     I liked Ky. I think he's the only one who saved this book. Well along with his brother. It's obvious through the whole book that he has his own demons on his shoulders. 

      I want to say I thought this book started off strong with the prologue and maybe the first two chapters. Than it kind of fell off and became a little slow and repetitive, at least to me. At one point I felt as if I wasn't going to be able to finish, as I said above with the slowness and the characters not seeming to move forward. And before I have people jumping all over me, look I understand both characters had demons on their shoulders they need to overcome to move forward. 

    Another thing that kept pushing me forward and going was what was this "Big" secret there seemed to be. I thought I had it figured out but kept going to make sure. 

      I don't want it to seem like I didn't enjoy this book. I did enjoy it and it picked back up at about 80 precent. And I really liked Ky, Josh and Ashlyn.

     I'm giving this book 3.5 stars out of 5.






Disclaimer: I received a copy of this book from the author for my honest review. The opinions in this post are 100% of my own and may differ from others.

No comments:

Post a Comment