Thursday, January 7, 2016

Counter To My Intelligence {Book Review}



Title: Counter To My Intelligence
Series: The Heroes of the Dixie Wardens MC #7
Author: Lani Lynn Vale
Genre: Adult, Motorcycle Club Romance

Book Description:

Sometimes the heart wants what it can’t have.

That’s the motto Silas Mackenzie, the president of The Dixie Wardens MC, has lived by since he was a young man.

Now he’s well on the way to middle age, has three grown children, and he’s lusting after a woman he should definitely stay away from.

Especially not one that his ex-girlfriend had given birth to, and happened to be only twenty seven years old.

Sawyer isn’t a young girl at heart, though.

She’s seen the inside of a jail cell for eight long years, and every one of them she spent paying for a crime she didn’t commit.

Silas Mackenzie knows as soon as he sees her that the girl has sacrificed enough.
And maybe…just maybe…so has Silas.

It’s time for Silas Mackenzie to get what he deserves, and put a little bit of happy back into Sawyer’s world, one rough, bearded kiss at a time.

My Review:

Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy Silas' book is here. If you don't know or don't actually read my reviews, than you probably don't know I'm a big fan of author Lani Lynn Vale. She is another one of my go-to authors. Ever since I found Mrs. Vale's books about a year ago and have been hooked and can't stop reading them. I think there's just a few of them I haven't read yet and I think those were from the Freebird series. But every time I read a book of Mrs. Vale's whether it be from the Dixie Wardens or the Kilgore Swat, I always think the last book was the best in the series. 

But I have to say I really do think Counter To My Intelligence is probably one of the best in the Dixie Wardens series. Mrs. Vale has outdone herself with this book. And I have to say after getting to know Silas a little bit in each of the books. I was so happy when I heard he was getting his own book and couldn't wait to read it.

I absolutely loved Silas in this book. We have gotten to know him a little bit in the other Dixie Wardens series. But I couldn't wait to get to know him more in this book. In the other books he's kind of a mystery and your not quite sure what he does. Also in past books you can tell how much he cares about his club, it's no different in this book. In this book we get to see how much he actually cares about his children, I mean I think it's obvious in the other books how much he cares about them. But we get to see how much he's sacrificed for them.

I really liked Sawyer in this book. After being released from prison for crime she shouldn't have been charged for. She's just trying to find her footing and where she belongs. I really felt for her and what happened to her. She has a lot of guilt sitting on her shoulders about what happened. I also thought she was the perfect match for Silas.

I really enjoyed this book and was so happy to have the chance to review it. 

I'm giving this book 4.5 stars out of 5 and can't wait to read Sterling's book.






Disclaimer: I received an arc of this book from enticing journey book promotions for my honest review. The opinions in this post are 100% of my own and may differ from others.

No comments:

Post a Comment