Thursday, April 2, 2020

The Spare: Part 1 {Book Review}


Title: The Spare: Part 1
Series: The Kings & Queens of St. Augustus 
Author: Gemma Weir
Genre: New Adult

Book Description:

Young love, betrayal, intrigue and more, this book has it all!  This is the first book in a brand new series: The Kings & Queens of St Augustus.

A will. The last wishes of a dead man shouldn’t have had the power to change all of our lives.
But a family fortune can test even the bonds of identical twins.

Now there’s him, the perfect bad boy who hates us all.

My sister wants him, but he wants me.

With billions of dollars at stake, no one is going to come out unscathed.

My Review:

So this was the first time I have read anything from this author. The synopsis of this story is really what drew my eye to this book.

Spoiled Rich Kids?.... Check
Entiled J*rks?.... Check
Rude Family?.... Double Check

First I have to say that I just absolutely loved Tallulah. I also felt for the girl. I couldn't stand her family and get why they treated her like Cinderella. I actually have some guesses on why she's treated the way she is. But I'll have to wait and see if I'm right. 

I'm still unsure about Arlo. I mean is he just a rich je*k. Or is he really a nice guy. I really have mixed feelings on him. One minute he seems like a really nice guy who's just stuck in this rich world that he doesn't really want to be in. Than the next I just want to smack him upside his head. 

I have to say that I was really excited to read this book. But I feel as this was really short though, I mean I know its split up in parts. But I felt like this first part just licked the surface and left you wanting more. And I know that's why the author ended it where she ended it. But still I was like, Noooooooo, I need more right now.

I really don't want to give anything away in my review, but I have some idea's on why Tallulah's "Family" and really they don't deserve that title. But why her family acts the way they do towards her. But I guess I'll have to wait till the next part to find out if I'm right or not.

I'm giving this book 4 Stars out of 5 and can't wait for the next part. Hopefully its coming soon!!!




Disclaimer: I received an ARC of this book from Bare Naked Words PR for my honest review. The opinions in this post are 100% of Busy Bumble Bee Book Reviews and may differ from others.

No comments:

Post a Comment