Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Ask Me If I Care {Book Review}


Title: Ask Me If I Care
Series: KPD SWAT Generation 2.0: Book Four
Author: Lani Lynn Vale 
Genre: Contemporary Romance 

Book Descritpiton:

Ares saw him for the first time at a Kilgore Police Department benefit dinner. She’d gone with her dad as his plus one. Hayes Greer had gone by himself and brooded silently across the same table as her, drinking whiskey and not saying a word.

It only took that one time for her to become interested.

The next time she saw him, he was doing another benefit—but this one requiring a whole lot fewer clothes. And that was when she knew. She wanted him. Badly. But the morose Hayes was too busy thinking about his sins to see what was right in front of his face—Ares.
***
Hayes Greer knew the moment that he saw the feisty Ares Downy again that he should’ve stayed away. Maybe if he hadn’t done the stupid calendar, he wouldn’t be questioning every single woman’s intentions.

Maybe if he’d listened to that niggling feeling telling him to stay away, he would’ve been able to do his job a little better. But seeing her with a knife to her throat, in the middle of a building set to blow, made his usually well-wired brain start to malfunction.

Because nobody was allowed to touch her like that—only him. Nobody was allowed to scare her, either. Not and live to tell the tale.

My Review:

Le sigh, so I really really really wanted to love this book and really give this series another chance. I will say that there were some parts I really enjoyed. And other's not as much. Again if your writing a new series on the kids of characters that we love you have to hit it out of the park with the kids books. And these ones have just been eh, so far... I will say though this one has been my favorite of the series.

I really liked Ares.... She's smart, sweet, kind, and has her father Lock's spunky attitude. And she's also a bit funny.

Oh Hayes.... I liked Hayes a bunch.... But I didn't feel like we really got to know Hayes. I mean I feel like we got bits and pieces of him. And than that's all, no more, we didn't really get to dive into him and how and why he ticks the way he does.

Overall I have to say as I mentioned above this is probably my favorite book of the series yet. Yes we got some answers to questions that were left unanswered in the last book.

But here is my overall problem with this series as a whole: 1) Where is the family camaraderie in this series that we feel in the other series by Mrs. Vale. I mean seriously in these first four books the characters families have only appeared once or twice. Or only one parent has shown up more than the other. I mean seriously there's like NO feeling of family in this series. 2) Going off the family camaraderie, where is the friendship camaraderies? Again in this book there was a bit more of friendships being shown but not as much as in the other series. I mean it even mentioned by the characters, but most of these kids grew up with each other. But you barely till as they don't really speak with each other or really hang out with each other. 

I just mean I feel like there's something missing in this series that would push it the extra mile and make this a great series. 

I'm giving this book 4 Stars out of 5!!!!




Disclaimer: I received an ARC of this book from Wildfire Marketing Solutions for my honest review. The opinions in this post are 100% of Busy Bumble Bee Book Reviews and may differ from others.


No comments:

Post a Comment