Friday, April 12, 2019

Vow of Obedience {Book Review}


Title: Vow of Obedience
Series: Cavalieri Della Morte Series
Author: Brianna Hale
Genre: Romantic Suspense

Book Description:



Don’t cry, little girl. Daddy will forgive you.

The job was meant to be impossible, even for the Cavalieri Della Morte.

Kill Adelmo Lange, the reclusive crime boss who murdered my brother.
Until her. Adelmo's daughter.

Branwen has taken a vow of silence to atone for her sins, but I don’t need her to say a word.

She’s the bait that’s going to draw my target out.

Now she’s going to swear another vow. A vow of obedience. To me.

Together, we’re going to take down her father. If she does exactly what I tell her, she may even escape with her life.

Do as daddy says. 

My Review

So if you haven't heard by now or maybe you have this is the second book in a multiple book, multiple author series. I have to say I was really excited about this series when I heard about it. And I was definitely more excited about after reading the first book. 

Let's start with Geraint. This is the first time we have meet him in this series and I was quite sure how you would say his name. He's a man that doesn't have much left in his life family wise, except for his little brother. Now he's lost his little brother and wants revenge. I liked Geraint, I thought he was a bit rough around the edges, but he had a softer side inside of him. 

Hmmmm Branwen.... She's the daughter of Adelmo Lange, who is responsible for Geraint's brothers death. She's also a young women who is on the run from her father and has taken a vow of silence after watching her father kill her best friend. 

As I mentioned above at the beginning of this review I had been really excited about this second book. I will admit that this book started out a bit slow. Also although this book switches POV's between Geraint and Branwen, it was kind of hard to follow since Branwen never actually speaks in this book because of her vow of silence. I mean yes we got her thoughts, but I kind of felt like the book was a bit one sided with just Geraint speaking. Also I was kind of hoping that these books would kind of tie together and make it feel like a assissans brotherhood of sorts, but I didn't get that in this book. Other than those few things I thought it was an enjoyable book. 

I'm giving this book 4 Stars out of 5 and on to the next!!!


Disclaimer: I received an ARC of this book from Enticing Journey Book Promotions for my honest review. The opinions in this post are 100% of Busy Bumble Bee Book Reviews and may differ than others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment