Tuesday, January 15, 2019

One Chance, Fancy {Book Review}


Title: One Chance, Fancy
Series: Bear Bottom MC #5
Author: Lani Lynn Vale 
Genre: MC Romance

Book Description:

Benson Bayou Beauregard is the president of the Bear Bottom Guardians MC, and the grandson of the Sergeant at Arms for the Dixie Wardens MC. He’s a mountain of a man and the warden of a prison, and there’s only one thing that can scare him—being told that he’s the father of a three-year-old little girl. 

A three-year-old little girl that has no clue who he is. Hell, he only finds out about the little cherub when a woman from child protective services comes by and rocks his world before leaving the girl in his shocked arms. 

Every single thing he thinks he knows goes up in a cloud of smoke. 

To make matters worse, the woman that he’s been trying to convince to give him a chance takes one look at the little girl and tells him that he’s just not in the right place to handle both of them. 

But Bayou was never one to back down from a challenge. 

He can handle a three-year-old girl that acts exactly like him, and he can more than take on the fiery red-head that sets flame to his blood while he’s at it.

My Review:

Oh my goodness how to start this review. Well let's start with this is the fifth book in the Bear Bottom MC series. In this book we get Bayou and Phoebe's story. I have to say since the start of this series I've really liked Bayou, but after Hoax and Pru's story I wasn't so sure about him. So I will admit I was a little worried going into this book. But I guess I shouldn't have been that worried.

I absolutely loved and adored Benson Bayou Beauregard. Bayou is the President of the Bear Bottom MC, he's also been the man thats been there, but kind of hiding in the background for most of this series. Bayou is also a man that has Aspergers. But he hasn't let that hold him back and has made a better life for himself. I felt a special connection with his character, he really hit close to home for me as I have my own son that is actually on the autism scale. So I understood how hard it was for him to make connections and communicate with others.

I thought Phoebe was just the sweetest. Phoebe is the youngest daughter of Sam and Cheyenne's, she is also Pru's little sister. Phoebe's been in love with Bayou ever since she first saw him at one of her grandfather's parties for Life Flight. You could tell she had no qualms about Bayou's "little issues" and that she really cared for him. I have to say that she was quite enjoyable.

I did really enjoy this book and as I mentioned above that it hit close to home for me. I really enjoyed Bayou and Phoebe's characters. Of course I loved seeing appearences from past character's and from present. I will say I think the only real thing that bugged me in this book is that although we get to see the other guy's of the Bear Bottom MC, I didn't really get the MC feeling from this book like I have from the others. Also I'm really glad that we got to know Zee a little bit in this book as his is the next book in the series.

I'm giving this book 4.5 Stars out of 5!!!



Disclaimer: I received an ARC of this book from InkSlinger PR for my honest review. The opinions in this post are 100% of Busy Bumble Bee Book Reviews and may differ from others.

No comments:

Post a Comment