Tuesday, September 10, 2019

Make Me {Book Review}


Title: MAKE ME
Series: KPD Motorcycle Patrol, Book 4
Author: Lani Lynn Vale
Genre: Contemporary

Book Description:

Royal St. James got her name when she was born. Not because her mother loved her royally, but because Royal was a giant pain in the ass. She’s spent her entire life fighting to live, and the last thing she needs is to deal with some pretty-boy police officer who wouldn’t know a hardship if it came up and bit him in the…you know.
Justice Rector wasn’t born with a silver spoon in his mouth. He was raised to work hard and always fight for what he believed in. His father was a cop, and ever since he could remember, he wanted to be one, too.
It was a complete coincidence that he ends up going undercover and meeting Royal St. James. It was just one day, a single moment in time. All routine.
Just do the buy, make the bust, and get out.
But Royal St. James, aptly named, screws everything up. Royally.
All of a sudden, he has a decision to make: blow his cover and save the girl, or save himself.
Of course, he does the most stupid thing possible.

My Review:
So I had big expectations for this book. The last book was absolutely knock your socks off hilarious so I was expecting the same from this book. Maybe I had a bit too high expectations for this book or maybe it was just my mood, but I felt a little let down from this one.
I thought that Justice was likable. I really wanted to love him, but I found him to be a bit aloof about everything. And at first he was a bit confusing, not because he was undercover, but at first he didn't seem that close to his parents Loki and Channing. 
I also just liked Royal, I thought her character was also just likable. 
This book definitely wasn't my favorite out of this series. Yes I thought it was enjoyable, but I also felt like it was missing that extra umph that would make it great. 
I'm giving this book 4 Stars out of 5!!!

Disclaimer: I received an ARC of this book from Wildfire Marketing for my honest review. The opinions in this post are 100% of Busy Bumble Bee Book Reviews and may differ from others. 

By saving the girl who most assuredly did not want to be saved.

No comments:

Post a Comment