Thursday, August 29, 2019

Wild Tendy {Book Review}


Title: Wild Tendy
Series: IceCats Book 2
Author: Toni Aleo
Genre: Hockey/Sports Romance

Book Description:

Nico Merryweather loves women—all women. Sure, they’re sexy and fun. But “Player” is an easy reputation to hide behind, a way to keep the good times rolling and reality at bay. He’s loud, he’s cocky, he says exactly what he’s thinking, and people just laugh it off because they think they know him. But Nico makes sure no one is close enough to know the truth. With a new season starting, he is ready to play the game he can control. They’ll all be watching Nico, the goalie, but they’ll never know the man behind the mask who is just trying to breathe. He hasn’t ever wanted anyone close enough to him to see the truth, until Aviva rams herself into his ass. Literally.

Aviva Pearce’s life is a collection of bad days all wrapped up without a bow. If it can go wrong, it will. All she wants is to run her business, take care of her sister, and keep her head above water. But with a father who is out to ruin her like he has himself and debt trying to drown her, it’s hard to stay afloat. Aviva isn’t the type to waste time dwelling on her misfortunes or to give up, though. She’s got too much fight in her. And she definitely doesn’t have time to waste on the wildly sexy, rich, showboating goaltender everyone wants. She’s got goals.

What she doesn’t know is that Nico has goals of his own.

And she’s number one on his list.

My Review:

I have to say that I have loved Nico ever since we have met him. But I couldn't wait to get his book and dive in his head and learn what made him tick. I loved that Mrs. Aleo made Nico relatable to me. I have a son who is autistic, so Nico's character hit even closer to home for me in this book. I found some of Nico's ticks to be funny and laughable, but at the same time heart wrenching with knowing how much he struggled just to be "normal". 

I have to admit I struggled with Aviva. I wanted to like her, I really did. But in the end, I just had mixed feelings on her. At times I did really like her and even felt for her and the situation she and her sister Callie were in. But other times I found her to be very frustrating and self-absorbed. 

I also found at times I actually wished Callie had been the older sister and the one to get with Nico. 

I have to say that this was an enjoyable read. And I have enjoyed getting to know these new players on the new team. 

I'm giving this book 4 Stars out of 5!!!

Disclaimer: I received an ARC of this book from L. Woods PR for my honest review. The opinions in this post were 100% of Busy Bumble Bee Book Reviews and may differ from others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment