Friday, May 31, 2019

Delinquent {Book Review}



Title: Delinquent
Series: Cavalieri Della Morte
Author: Ally Vance
Genre: Romantic Suspense Novella

Book Description:

Seth Galahad

Reckless rule-breaker with a taste for violence.

It's what I’ve been called time and again.

Carving my way through the names I’ve been given, I’ll rise through the ranks.

Collecting your blood as payment for your debts
I’m young, I’m hungry, and I won’t be stopped.

I take what I want, when I want. Nothing can hold me back.

The cross on my back speaks of a past I know nothing about.

The history of my family drenched in mystery.

Leeann Mallory

My brother's string of gambling debts has raged out of control.

An insurmountable sum that he’s racked up over time.

Out of money and out of luck, he did something unthinkable.

Playing with my life in a game of chance, he lost.

My brother did nothing to prevent me from being taken.

The debt collector came in the night, and he snatched me from my bed.

Debts must be cleared, and I'm going to be the one to pay it.

The question is will it be in blood? Or will it be with my heart

**This is a standalone novella within the series**

My Review:

So this is the ninth book in this multi-book/multi-author series. And Mrs. Vance is another new to me author. 

And now I can say Finally.... Finally, we get Seth's book.... I thought that Seth's book was going to be the second book in this series. But it wasn't.... But now we finally have it. 

Let's go with Seth first. If you don't remember Seth, we meet him way back in book one, in Lance's book. Seth is the youngest of the Telbella Della Morte. He is also the one that Lance took a liking to and took him under his wing and mentored him through his training. I liked Seth, I thought that there was a softer gentler side to him, more so than the other guy's.

Oh Leeann... I liked Leeann. I thought she was a likable character. She's a young woman who unfortunately got caught in the crosshairs of her brother's business. 

I want to say that although this book is technically labeled as a novella. I didn't think it read as a novella, it seemed as if it were a full-length book to me. I will say that I did notice a few discrepancies with Seth's backstory that didn't make sense with his age. Also not sure what was with the ending of the book either, the story seemed to be still running smoothly and than BAM it just ended. Not sure if that had to do with the fact this was supposed to be a novella and it was running to long or what. But yeah the ending just ended abruptly and didn't really make sense for this book. So just a few nit picky things, but other than that I thought that this was an enjoyable book. Also there is a twist in this book that I didn't see coming, but probably should have. 

I'm giving this book 4 Stars out of 5!!!

Disclaimer: I received an ARC of this book from Enticing Journey Book Promotions for my honest review. The opinions in this post are 100% of Busy Bumble Bee Book Reviews and may differ from others.  

No comments:

Post a Comment