Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Calming the Riot {Book Review}


Title: Calming the Riot
Series: Riot MC Series
Author: Karen Renee
Genre: MC Romance

Book Description:

Jim "Liar" Huntley's loyalty to the Riot MC brotherhood is unquestionable. Especially since before becoming a fully-patched member, he killed a man to protect a brother. When a favor to another brother forces him to meet Andrea Paglia, he knows she's out of his league. Making matters worse, she is off-limits because she's old friends with the President's old lady. Weeks later, Liar notices his brothers ogling Andrea at a club party, and he cannot restrain his anger.

Andrea falls in lust with Liar the moment he walks into her massage studio. She senses Liar restraining himself around her, but she's determined to go after the man she wants. For once, she grabs what she wants from life. Conflict arises when former co-workers implore her to lend them a hand during the holidays. Forced to tell Liar about her past, she uncovers another facet to her alpha biker.

Little does Andrea know, she's being used as a pawn in a larger scheme to bring down the Riot MC. Liar believes Andrea deceived him and will not be betrayed twice. The perceived deception tears Liar and Andrea apart while also forcing a rift between the Riot MC brothers.

Liar discovers he was wrong, and struggles between guarding his heart and asserting his love for her. Will he be able to claim her as his own?

My Review:

This is the fourth book in the Riot MC series and I would suggest reading this series in order (if you haven't read them yet). I will say this, this is actually the second book I have read in this series. I have not read the first two books. But have read the third and this one. I will also say I think you should read them in order because their backstory seems to carry throughout each book.

Jim "Liar" Huntley and Andrea don't exactly have the best first meeting with each other. Liar is running an errand for a brother and ends up at Andrea's masseuse parlor. Then each run in from that moment seems to be filled with misunderstandings and tension.

You could definitely see a connection forming between the two of them each time they were together. But then once again a misunderstanding almost tears these two apart. And Lair has to prove to Andrea that they truly belong together.

I have to say that I thought that this book started out a bit slow and kind of trudged along and I found myself wanting to skim through it at times. But I didn't, because I wanted to get the whole story and enjoy it. Other than that I thought it was enjoyable.

I'm giving this book 4 Stars out of 5!!!




Disclaimer: I received an ARC of this book from Enticing Journey Book Promotions for my honest review. The opinions in this post are 100% of Busy Bumble Bee Book Reviews and may differ from others.

No comments:

Post a Comment