Thursday, May 30, 2019

Becoming the Boss {Book Review}



Title: BECOMING THE BOSS

Series: Zanetti Famiglia Book 1

Author: Hayley Faiman

Genre: Contemporary Romance

Book Description

Luciana Rossi is untouchable, the Principessa of the Zanetti Famiglia, until one day she becomes extremely vulnerable. Unsure of who to trust, or where to turn, she follows the man that she’s had a connection with since childhood. 

 Gavino Santoro is hungry. He craves power, control, and Luciana. Taking over the Zanetti Famiglia has been his goal since he began climbing the ranks of one of New York's most powerful families. 

Now that the power he craves is within his grasp, he needs the wife that will complete his image of being the new Zanetti Boss. Even if he has to lie and manipulate the beautiful woman to bend her to his will. Two people doomed by circumstance. 

An organization in upheaval. Nothing but uncertainty in the future. Morality is nothing but a concept. This is the beginning of the Zanetti Famiglia’s new empire.

My Review:

So I feel like it's been forever since I actually read a book from Mrs. Faiman. I used to be on top of her books, but I think I've missed the last couple of releases from her. So it was nice to be able to jump back in with a new series from her. And not just any book but a new mafia series. This time we get the Italians, who we saw make a couple of appearances in the bravta series.

Let's start with Gavino. He's the new boss of the Zanetti Famiglia. He started at the bottom and worked his way up. I have to say there were moments where I couldn't stand him, he was so cold and standoffish that he just wasn't likable. But there were other moments when we got to see his softer, gentler side that made him likable.

Oh Luciana, I wanted to like her I really did. She's the daughter of the former boss. After being raised a certain way by her father. I found her to be a kinda like Gavino, in that she at times was a bit standoffish, which made her seem cold. She seemed to have a switch she could flip, one moment she was friendly and the next cold. Than at other times she seemed a bit childish and nieve. 

Overall I have to say that I did enjoy this book and thought it was a good start to the series. I can't wait for more though. 

I'm giving this book 4 Stars out of 5!!!


Disclaimer: I received an ARC of this book from InkSlinger PR for my honest review. The opinions in this post are 100% of Busy Bumble Bee Book Reviews and may differ from others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment