Monday, February 25, 2019

Pride {Book Review}


Title: Pride 
Series: The Elite Seven, Book 2
Author: J.D. Hollyfield 
Genre:

Book Description:

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

But who said the devil was a he?

In my world, she was out to cause havoc on all our lives. 

She’ll use the one thing I care most about to control me—force me into her Elite world, filled with sin, deceit, and power. And under her spell, I’ll lead a sinister brotherhood of seven at one of the most prestigious universities in New Orleans.

Seven tasks set forth by the devil herself, promising nothing less than the forbidden fruit of power. What they don’t understand is it will all end in bloodshed and regret. 

They call me the alpha. The one in charge. The one with pride bigger than any task I could be given. And my pride won’t let me be anywhere but at the top of the food chain until she gives me what I truly want. 

My task is Meghan Benedict. 
She’s too pure for me to touch, too good for me to ruin—and the only thing standing in my way to freedom.

Accept your sin wisely, for the tasks given to earn your place are not for the weak...they’re for The Elite.

As they say, pride comes before the fall.

I am Mason Blackwell. 

I am Pride.

My Review:

Oh My Goodness..... I almost have No words for this series.... That is almost... If you haven't heard of this series yet or have yet to read it, here is the skinny on it. Pride is the second book in The Elite series that is being written by multiply authors. After finishing Lust I couldn't wait to get my hands on this book and as soon as it landed on my kindle I devoured it. In fact after finishing it the first time, I had to go back and read it two more times.

Mason Blackwell, aka Pride, is a young man who has been down on his luck ever since him and his sister lost their parents. Foster home, after foster home, until they landed at the Griffen's where everything changed once again. Now year's later Mason finds himself back under the thumbnail of Lillian Griffen and doing her bidding for The Elite, for the safety of his sister. I loved Mason, you could tell how much he loved and cared for his sister. 

I really enjoyed Meghan.... Meghan's a young woman, who's a theology teacher and the niece of the Griffen's. Although Meghan seems oblivious to everything going on around her, I did really enjoy her. And she kind of became badar$ed at the end. 

I really enjoyed this book. I have to say I haven't hated a character in a book more than I hate Lillian in this series. I just want to make her disappear. I had almost wished that Mason and Evelyn had let her or Mason pull that tigger on her. But alas I guess you can't get rid of the bad guy, or in this case women. But I really hope that the guy's do something with her soon. 

I'm giving this book 4 Stars out of 5 and can't wait for Wrath!!!!




Disclaimer: I received an ARC of this book for my honest review. The opinions in this post are 100% of Busy Bumble Bee Book Reviews and may differ from others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment